Can I have a moan??(6 Posts)
With whats happened to my best friends baby this week my whole house saga has been put on the back burner as it doesn't seem that relevant but it is still stessing me out no end.
Background is flat has been on the market since August (in SE London) no offers few viewings. After January loads of viewings one offer bit on the low side but we accepted it, buyer is a first time buyer and wanted to move in within 5 weeks. We are relocating back to Scotland so we thought we had better get our skates on and get up there and find ourselves a house we did this last weekend. In Scotland you have to move fast and have a survery done before putting in the offer, we have done this and the offer has been accepted. The vendors are moving to a new property so want to move in 6 weeks which should be fine BUT our buyer still hasn't had his survey carried out (4 weeks) every week our EA's phone him and he says he is still wanting to buy the property and is trying to book the survey for the end of the week. On top of this we are still having people coming around which is fine is stressful with a baby and 3 cats in a tiny 2 bed flat. If someone else puts in an offer and gets a survey first this buyer will lose out.
So it's just all a waiting game meanwhile the clock is ticking on the house in Scotland I don't know how it works as we haven't signed anything yet but we could lose the house.
On top of this DP is trying applying for internal vacancies within his company in Scotland and is mega stressed about that as well.
I feel guilty for moaning as compared to what my friend is going through (losing her baby girl through gross medical negligence) this is nothing. I'm making a 6 hour round trip to see her this weekend not that I don't want to but I resent having bloody viewers round this house before and after I come back.
Thanks if you have taken the time to read this I'm just a bit low right now, I hate feeling this helpless, helpless for my friend and helpless for the house situation.
Sweetkitty - until you conclude the missives i Scotland you don't I am afraid have a binding contract. You need to hope the buyers are patient. You can get both sets of lawyers on the case with the missives (as they normally bounce back and forward a wee bit)so that as soon as you feel comfortable with concluding you are in a position to do so. On a positive note gazumping is not that common up here - particularly outwith the two main cities so hopefully all will be well.
Sorry that I can't add much to cheer you up.
So far as your house sale is going, has your buyer had his mortgage valuation done yet? If he hasn't then I would tell him he has until the end of this week to arange his survey otherwise your house goes on the market on Monday.
I hope everything goes well with buying your new house though, we are moving to and it is all very frustrating having your fate mapped out by the other people involved.
I am so sorry about your friends baby
Thanks our house is still on the market hence the other viewers coming round I so feel like giving this guy an ultimatum no he hasn't even had his mortgage valuation done yet thats the hold up. The house is only 4 years old so it's just a formality really. I just don't want to scare him off but it's so frustrating waiting for him to get his act together especially as we accepted his offer thinking we would be a fast mover.
Thanks for the advice re Scotland the worst thing that could happen is that we lose the house but there were quite a few we would have been happy with. I think if the worst came to the worst our buyers would hang on a few weeks but I don't want to force them to.
I'm hoping one of the 3 viewings we have this weekend will put in an offer and we can tell him exactly where to shove his!
I just don't need the stress of this on top of going to see my friend this weekend I need to be focussing on her.
Moving houses is such a PITA!
Join the discussion
Please login first.