Talk

Advanced search

help

(11 Posts)
noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:28:19

my partner just lost his job, i'm not sure how we'll cope. i'm so worried. ne1 got ne advice.

LIZS Thu 02-Oct-08 21:30:46

Try entitledto.co.uk for benefit entitlement and CAB for any immediate financial worries. It may depend on the circumstances as to what you can claim short term. Are you working or available to work ?

noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:35:25

no i stay at home and look afta little boy. problem is my partner is at college which limits his entitlements, and also makes it harder for him to get another job as it will hav to work around his college times

HRHSaintMamazon Thu 02-Oct-08 21:37:02

please excuse my rude question but, how old are you both.
your typing style and "college" indicate you being young.

It may mean there are alternative suggestions

LIZS Thu 02-Oct-08 21:38:42

Something may have to give .... maybe you have to work and use childcare or he put college on ice for a bit.

noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:40:56

i'm 22 my partner is 21.

noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:42:45

he hopefully only has a few months of college left so him stopping that wouldn't b a good idea. i hav looked into gettin a job myself but i really dont want to leave my son with ne1 else, hes stil only young. i no it sounds silly but i just dont think i can leave him

LIZS Thu 02-Oct-08 21:44:00

Sorry, but sometimes needs must. What is he doing at college ?

noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:46:26

carpentry, which i no wen hes finished its a good line of work for him to b in and will bring in good money, its just until then that i'm worried about, i am stil considerin gettin a job, i'm just hoping theres another way lol

LIZS Thu 02-Oct-08 21:48:58

Could he do it in the evenings instead if he got a different job or find work with a builder/craftsman who would let him work around it.

noahsmummy12 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:54:25

well he is looking into gettin a job, sort of an apprentaship type thing but it doesn't look promising, theres no way he could change his college hours tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now