Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I should be thinking "OH SHIT" so why am I thinking "What If?"

(27 Posts)
Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:11:17

Period hasn't turned up yet...

It normally appears at 7am on the dot on the monday after I start the break from the pill.

Its late...hmm

We don't want any more children. We have two, one of each and they are hard enough work as it is. Since the youngest is now 4 we are getting our lives back - less interrupted nights etc etc.

I've never been broody. I had the kids because it was what was expected of me and I wanted to see if my ovaries worked TBH.

I keep imagining the soft skin of a baby, the breastfeeding, the snuggles...arghhhh!

Okay, so why isn't my period here yet!

Overmydeadbody Mon 29-Sep-08 19:13:37

Well, it's only 12hrs late, don't start panicking yet!

Are you under pressure now? stressed? Just lost weight? <whispers> menopause?

cazboldy Mon 29-Sep-08 19:13:42

pregnancy hormones grin

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:14:28

cazboldy shock

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:15:09

No more pressure than normal, put on weight, and only 32 so I hope not the menopause...

misdee Mon 29-Sep-08 19:15:27

oh go get a test and do it now grin

cazboldy Mon 29-Sep-08 19:15:42

sorry.......

grin

NorthernLurker Mon 29-Sep-08 19:15:53

Have you taken the pill properly this month? Any sickness bugs or antibiotics?

Personally I'm a fan of big gaps dd2 was 6 when dd3 was born and it's been lovely. Noisy but lovely...

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:19:22

Did take the pill properly this month, but the past two months saw forgotten pills. blush

I think I will wait until tomorrow to go and buy a test...It might just turn up tomorrow morning!

I boiled my mooncup this morning and then forgot it in the pan when I went to work...Maybe my body missed it!

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:19:24

Did take the pill properly this month, but the past two months saw forgotten pills. blush

I think I will wait until tomorrow to go and buy a test...It might just turn up tomorrow morning!

I boiled my mooncup this morning and then forgot it in the pan when I went to work...Maybe my body missed it!

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:19:40

Eh? Double posting?

fanjolina Mon 29-Sep-08 19:21:04

that's a sign of pregnancy brain grin

NorthernLurker Mon 29-Sep-08 19:21:38

I think a test tomorrow would be a good idea then - and if you really don't want any more children either switch method or stop forgetting them!!

Pills not children obviously.

Good Luck!

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 19:43:21

Mmm, I never normally forget pills. Maybe old age...Or nature trying to overcome chemicals!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 29-Sep-08 20:00:12

I feel a bit hmm that you had 2 children to check your ovaries worked. Was that a joke?

You can still have breakthrough bleeding when pg, so what with the forgotten pills, it might be a very good idea to take a test.

If it is negative maybe book your OH in for the necessary?

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 29-Sep-08 20:01:22

Just checked out your profile - you are hot!! grin

Spagblog Mon 29-Sep-08 20:06:17

No no, suffered from PCOS and very random cycles so the "wanted to see if my ovaries worked" was related to that.

DS was a result of me feeling that DD needed a sibling with a 2 yrs 6 months age gap. LOL how anal was I?

ps - not so hot now, 2 stone heavier than that photo, but too lazy to change it.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 29-Sep-08 20:07:54

Glad to hear it! (that it wasn't serious.) grin

Yes, but, you can't have put 2 stone on on your face!!!! grin

Spagblog Wed 01-Oct-08 07:40:03

Well 24hrs late, but it arrived and now I feel quite glad it did.

LoveMyGirls Wed 01-Oct-08 07:48:26

Phew!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 18:23:03

What are your plans now if you definitely don't want more babies?

NorthernLurker Wed 01-Oct-08 18:24:31

Ok - if you're glad then you need to stop forgetting those pills! Might it be time for dh to be a brave soldier and trot off to the docs? wink grin

Spagblog Thu 02-Oct-08 18:55:23

No he won't do that - He might want to have more children with another woman if we all die in a freak accident hmm

I guess I will just be better with taking the pills.

I think sterilisation for me is a bit drastic.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 02-Oct-08 18:57:50

Why, if you don't want more children?

NorthernLurker Thu 02-Oct-08 19:01:09

I discussed that issue with dh. He pointed out that in that terrible event he would have bigger worries than finding a new wife and having a new family and that in any case the chance of us all being wiped out was thankfully tiny compared to the rather bigger chance of an unplanned baby. When you put it like that...

Thing is - you've forgotten it in the past and whilst you might or might not be ok with an unexpected baby - you definately need to talk to dh so he knows what's happening and can let you know how he feels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now