Talk

Advanced search

how much for birthday present?

(6 Posts)
Tissy Mon 28-Feb-05 19:59:22

dd(3) has been invited to the party of our next door neighbour's boy (going to be 5, I think). The party is next Sunday at the local soft play, and I suspect, given the short notice, that she was on the "reserves" list. Not that I mind, she will enjoy herself, but how much do I spend on a present? She says he likes the "Credibles" (they were on the invitation), so was thinking of something along this line...£5? £10?

maisystar Mon 28-Feb-05 20:01:09

i normally spend £8-£10 if we know the child well, £5-£6 if we don't.

jampots Mon 28-Feb-05 20:01:09

personally I think it depends on your relationship. If you are friends I would be more inclined to edge above the £5 towards £10 (action figures = £8approx). If not, then £5 is adequate.

Hulababy Mon 28-Feb-05 20:01:29

For DD's friend's birthday presents I aim to spend around £5

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 28-Feb-05 20:03:53

£5. Then it kinda increases when they get older but no more than £10. I find that I shop really creatively and I'm good at scouting out bargains. But I think that £5 is more than adequate.

Tissy Mon 28-Feb-05 20:04:50

Thanks very much, I'll send dh out shopping on Thursday- he's rather more parsimonious than me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: