Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Happy St Davids day for tomorrow!

(4 Posts)
happymerryberries Mon 28-Feb-05 19:55:59

To all my fellow Welsh women (and everyone else for that matter) Happy St Davids day. I have spent the early evening making Welsh cakes to take into school, I have printed off some Flags to put on my board, and I will pop in and get myself a Daf on my way into work.....I'm in Lincoln and in Exile

welshmum Mon 28-Feb-05 20:02:27

And to you too - I'm reading Welsh stories in dd's nursery. Don't know how good an idea that is eseing as it's in London but she' pretty excited about it.

happymerryberries Mon 28-Feb-05 20:05:05

Tis is the first year dd isn't wearing welsh dress into school, in year three she thinks she is too old

I loved St Davids day when I was a kid, sing songs all morning and have the afternoon off! Great!

logic Mon 28-Feb-05 20:25:38

I have to admit that I loathed St. David's day at primary school. God, did those woollen skirts itch - and the hat, just don't get me started on the hat. Although, I know that if I still lived in Wales and had a daughter then she would be dressed just the same! What goes around etc... Did anyone else used to eat the leeks in assembly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now