Talk

Advanced search

Can someone explain to me why parents of pre-school children think it's OK to ignore signs that ask them to ensure gates and doors are shut?

(6 Posts)
Pennies Wed 24-Sep-08 19:07:50

I mean FGS the bloody signs even say "for the safety of the children" on them.

It's fair to say I made my feelings known and now they all think I'm one major mardy cow. blush

nickytwotimes Wed 24-Sep-08 19:09:48

I take it this is at nursery? No idea why they find it so hard. That would bug me too, tbh.

Pennies Wed 24-Sep-08 19:14:17

Yes it's at the nursery. 3 and 4 year olds.

cthea Wed 24-Sep-08 19:17:09

When you're done with them, could you come round to our school and tell the idiots not to park on double yellow lines, especially at corners where there's zero visibility.

3littlefrogs Wed 24-Sep-08 19:19:43

I had this all the time when I ran a toddler group - as long as they were safely out the door with their pushchair and child, they wouldn't bother to close the door behind them. It drove me mad - the worry that a child would escape when my back was turned.

Sheer selfishness.

Pennies Wed 24-Sep-08 19:28:15

You see 3LF that's exactly the thing. I was talking to DD1's teacher about stuff assuming (stupidly) that DD2 (2 yrs) was safe within the premises. Next thing I know I see her out of the window tootling off out of the gate and down the path.

Why are people so chuffing up their own arses that they can't appreciate that other people use the nursery.

For those that rightly say that DD2 is ultimately my responsibility I can say in my defence that she had taken herself into the nursery room and still had two cloakrooms to get through before escaping into the garden and then another gate to get through before she was out of the boundary.

Also, why don't people stop children when they see them going it alone? I guess collective responsibility / care is a thing of the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now