Am supposed to be going to airport in 3 hours for weeks holiday with my mum. For the last few weeks have been feeling increasingly anxious and have ignored it, putting it down to being silly about flight and leaving ds (who had a nasty accident 2 weeks ago)
Tonight i just had this gut feeling that I shouldnt go, that something would happen and was in floods of tears. My mum said she has felt increasingly the same.
I know it sounds crazy and I dont know what we'll tell people or the tour operator.
I don't know if this helps but sooooo often I have a gut feeling that somthing is a bad idea (not talkig scary premonitions or anything, just a general feeling tI'd be better off not going somewhere) and whenever I've ignored that feeling, i've been really glad that I ignored and had a great time.
Do what you feel is right but please don't angst it either way - just make your decision.
i dont think being at the airport will make it any better. A part of me thinks just get a grip and get on the plane and another part of me is urging me to stay at home with my mum and the rest of my family
hiya mosschops, i have to be at the airport in 3 hours also, where you going to? im a little nervous, but i think its cos i havent flew in 7 years, and also its just me, dp and my two little ones. my oldest whos 19 is staying home with her boyfriend. i feel for you, i really do. do what you think is best, and im sure that will be what is best iyswim?? if you go, relax, and have a great time. hth xx
I always try to follow my instinct. There have been a lot of times in the past when I had a silly feeling about something, and much of the time it has been right - I'm sure there was one time it wasn't a big deal but mostly when I feel like that there's a good reason, call it a sixth sense.
we havent gone and although I feel silly, it ultimately feels like the right decision. We are thinking of spending our spending money on a couple of nights at a spa close by just so mum can have a break but will still be close to home
Thank you I know its the right decision, even if they offered me a flight now I still couldnt go. I am upset and feel down about it but probably not as bad as if I'd have gone and spent a week worrying myself sick.