Talk

Advanced search

Procrastinator? What are you putting off doing at the moment?

(14 Posts)
Peckarollover Sun 27-Feb-05 07:39:02

I'm the worlds worst procrastinator about certain things. I really dont understand?

WHY.....

Do I have 3 cheques totalling £1124 sitting there and not paid into the bank even though a) we are majorly struggling for money at the moment b) one of the cheque writers is bugging me about whether it has gone in.

Why did I drive without insurance for almost a month before I eventually got round to arranging new cover?

Does my clean, ironed washing take forever to be picked up and put away.

Is anyone else like this but long to be organised? What do you do about it? I have started writing lists and that has helped alot, I do get a lot more done without a big delay but I still have the odd one that for some reason I just can't cet done.

WideWebWitch Sun 27-Feb-05 07:43:38

God yes, I'm a procrastinator extraordinaire. I have a book and some trains that I agreed to send 2 mumsnetters (spacemonkey and Caligula) in December and I just haven't got around to it (sorry you 2 if you're reading this), I find it really hard to get around to going to the bank and fear the child trust fund cheque will still be sitting here when she's 18 and we have about 4/5 loads of clean, dry washing in the bathroom in a pile waiting to get put away. It will probably mostly get pulled from the pile and worn and therefore I will prob never have to do it.

Beep Sun 27-Feb-05 07:45:23

I hate filling in forms,so i leave it til the last moment even though it feels so good once its done

bathmummy Sun 27-Feb-05 07:56:04

I have a pile of clean ironing balanced precariously on the arm of the sofa knowing full well one of the family are likely to send it flying. I have a meeting at 9.30am (I know, Sunday...) and have to tidy up as it is in my house, sort out a load of paperwork first and feed my children. So what am I doing instead? Typing away on here.
Rigt. I am going now. No more virtual living and back to the drudge

Earlybird Sun 27-Feb-05 08:01:43

Me too! I usually get things done, but often am forced into action by a deadline. If things don't demand immediate attention, I often don't take care of them. For instance - there is a crack in the double glazing in dd's bedroom that's been there for a month. I've got as far as finding out who can fix it, but haven't done anything about it.....

Find that mumsnet is how I spend alot of the time I should be doing other things!

Peckarollover Sun 27-Feb-05 08:13:34

WWW - that reminds me of child trust fund cheque I had completely forgetten about it and will do so until it becomes void no doubt.

hercules Sun 27-Feb-05 08:25:49

Getting dressed.

marthamoo Sun 27-Feb-05 08:29:06

Also getting dressed, getting kids dressed, and breakfast.

popsycal Sun 27-Feb-05 08:42:05

me

Goldfish Sun 27-Feb-05 09:58:44

My motto is - Don't put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after

munnzieb Sun 27-Feb-05 10:01:00

well my ironed ironing stayed on my dresser for 3 weeks b4 I got around to packing it away! the bathroom's needed a second coat of paint for abouot 4 weeks, and I'm still in my dressing gown! I think i need a good kick up the bum to get me started on a morning!

wordsmith Sun 27-Feb-05 10:24:45

Peckarollover, don't worry about the CTF cheque - you've got 12 months! Plenty of time for procrastinating!

MummytoSteven Sun 27-Feb-05 10:26:23

getting me and ds dressed, washing up, clearing toys/shoes from living room floor. still should be at least 2 hours till my mum comes over

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 27-Feb-05 10:27:24

Loving Goldfish. That's just about to become my new motto lol

I ought to be doing the laundry so that all of the children have clean uniform and sports kit for tomorrow. Do you think anyone would notice if they were still covered in mud? lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now