Talk

Advanced search

Meeting new people - not necessarily men!

(3 Posts)
sparkybabe Tue 23-Sep-08 10:34:40

I am on the way out of my marriage of 15 years. I don;t work, so don't tend to meet new people in the normal way. I still do the school run everyday, but only talk to the mums I know, although I do 'know' lots, to just chat to for 5 minutes. I would like to go out of an evening, just to a local pub, (not nightclubs!) but all my friends/acquaintances/other mums are either married or single mums (so can't always get babysitters) or boring and don't go out! I go out about once/twice a month to the local, but I'd like to do it more, say once a week. I don;t drink that much, just want to talk to other people, maybe flirt a bit, maybe dance if there is music.
How can I meet other singles to go out with? I DON'T want another relationship, just a bit of fun. Would you go to the pub on your own? I know that in America it is OK for a lone woman to sit in a bar and no-one thinks bad of her. I always think a woman on her own in a pub is a bit game, which I am not. Or am I old-fashioned? Its beena while since I was 'out there'.

Do you go out on your own?

WilfSell Tue 23-Sep-08 10:38:11

How old are your kids? Best way to meet people would be to get yourself a job. Or do a course. Or get involved in volunteering.

sparkybabe Tue 23-Sep-08 10:46:43

DC range from 15 down to 9. I am trying to get a job, but couldn't do full-time. There have been a lot of redundancies round here lately, so there are loads of people looking for jobs.
A course is a good idea. I could brush up my computing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now