Talk

Advanced search

How do you get the smell of cigarette smoke out of

(7 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Sat 26-Feb-05 08:29:35

a book.

I have just got a book through the post (off ebay) and it smells very very strongly of smoke. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the smell, if I can't get rid of it, i'll have to throw it as I can't read it smelling like that and was hoping to curl up and read it tonight.

Beetroot Sat 26-Feb-05 08:31:08

Message withdrawn

LGJ Sat 26-Feb-05 08:31:28

put in a pillow case wrap it up tight and put in the tumble dryer on low.

Might work

No real idea

If it wasn't snowing I would suggest the pillow case and hang it on the line.

lockets Sat 26-Feb-05 08:31:45

Message withdrawn

MancMum Sat 26-Feb-05 08:35:41

sprinkle or bury in loads of bicarbonate of soda as that is used to absorb stuff -- or talc?

febreze it and then tumble dry it as suggested?

bathmummy Sat 26-Feb-05 08:37:01

do you have any febreze (sp?) in the house? How about putting it over a home made washing line and roughly squirting the stuff at it and surrounding it in a cloud of this deodorising thing. I know it is for soft furnishing but I have used it on all sorts when havily smoking mil has been invading and as it isn’t too wet should help.
Alternatively bicarb of soda is meant to be a good deodoriser. Maybe put a load in a plastic bag with the book and give agood shake and leave for an hour or so? Cold make the book a bit dusty but sweeter smelling!
Don’t know what of any sensible suggestions, good luck

bathmummy Sat 26-Feb-05 08:37:24

crossed posts with mancmum - great minds..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: