Talk

Advanced search

I have questions, unrelated ones, but I didn't want to spam active conversations

(12 Posts)
SmugColditz Sat 20-Sep-08 14:28:12

Is it possible that years of suppressing my appetite as a child have led to me not being ablt to detect hunger until I am ravenous (and thereby over eat?) and also because I was made to eat when I wasn't hungry, could it be that I have not 'full' signal, as I am able to eat until I feel very sick? I weigh my food to ensure there is no more than 400g bulk on my plate now, as this amount seems to suit me.

I banged my head yesterday, I still have a headache and it REALLY hurts there. Should I go to the doctors if it still hurts on Monday? I felt quite giddy yesterday.

Ds1 isn't very good at football, but we still go every Saturday because he likes it. How can I improve his coordination, speed and concentration? He's five and all the others (all five) seem to run rings round him - but he does enjoy going!

AIBU to ban all "screen games" bar 20 minutes a day? And then he only watches while I play (his choice)

1. yes
2. see how it is monday - if getting better then no
3. practice
4. YANBU

hth

lulumama Sat 20-Sep-08 14:31:31

yes, i should think it is very possible

yes, take paracetomal in the meantime and if you get dizzy again call NHS direct

Accept he may be bad at foot ball? let him practice lots and go for the enjoyment rather than skill factor

depends why you are limiting it so much, don;t think that is unreasonable

SmugColditz Sat 20-Sep-08 14:35:26

4 - the screen games thing is because it's ALL he talks about. A million and one things may happen in a day, but at bedtime all he talks about is Ratchett and Clank, Peggle, Mariocart etc.... so I've put the kybosh on it until he has a broader range of experience that he will talk about!!!

SmugColditz Sat 20-Sep-08 14:38:15

Thank you both, by the way.smile

lulumama Sat 20-Sep-08 14:38:52

ok, that sounds reasonable then !!

MrsSnape's 9 year old is obsessed with the pc
see here

4. YANBU at all, v good idea.

How is bedtime going these days?

SaintRobertNewton Sat 20-Sep-08 14:43:27

Ratchet & Clank is a damn fine game though grin

SmugColditz Sat 20-Sep-08 15:01:59

do you know, bedtime isn't a hassle now, now he is back at school.

The little buggers do get up at half past six thogh

<shudders>

I was not aware such a time existed.
Glad bedtime now nonhasslous.

BoysArrrrLikeDogs Sat 20-Sep-08 15:30:35

My sisters rabbits are called ratchet and clank

grin

1 - yes
2 - keep an eye on your headache
3 - Both of mine are crapola at football but we go because they love it.
4 - 20 minutes seems aright. I have a timer for my boys, when it goes off, bam, game over, works really well for us.

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 20-Sep-08 15:39:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now