Talk

Advanced search

Children and honeymoons

(6 Posts)
flamesparrow Fri 25-Feb-05 19:18:06

Since we have established that I am pure evil for not wanting children I don't know at my wedding reception, I was wondering your views on this...

I am not taking my baby with me on honeymoon!

Am I terrible for wanting a week with my Boy all by ourselves?

Catbert Fri 25-Feb-05 19:19:22

no...

SeaShells Fri 25-Feb-05 19:19:49

Not terrible at all! Honeymoons are for the couple, not kids, it's a time for you both to pay each other attention and celebrate your love for each other!

Mum2Ela Fri 25-Feb-05 19:39:37

Not at all.

Personally I couldn't do it. I tried, but ended up taking DD with us on a trip to New York over Valentines. Just couldn't bear to leave her. He ticket ended up costing more than ours too as it was a last ,onute decision.

She came on our honeymoon as well!

Have you left baby before? Only ask becuase I did leave DD for a weekend when we went to Amsterdam and I cried for her the whole time(and it wasn't due to the substances ;) )

Mum2Ela Fri 25-Feb-05 19:41:23

(btw, I wasn't abput when the other thread you referred to was going on, but fwiw I didn't have children apart from immediate families children at my wedding - from what I gathered the guests who came wanted a good day out getting pished without the children around)

flamesparrow Fri 25-Feb-05 20:28:16

Yes, I have left her before, but only for two days, one night. Its gonna be tough, but I think with many phone calls, I will manage and will thoroughly enjoy the "us" time.

Oh, and with regards to the wedding... I would have thought people would like time out to enjoy without their babies too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now