Talk

Advanced search

Best way to use £20 tesco clubcard vouchers ???

(18 Posts)
Pinions Fri 19-Sep-08 16:02:00

So after spending roughly £20 million in tescos I've managed to collect roughly £20 of vouchers. So can any clubcard expert out there explain to me the best way to use them dim.

TIA.

Pinions Fri 19-Sep-08 19:24:05

Hellooooooooooooooo ???

Chequers Fri 19-Sep-08 19:24:45

My Mum used hers for magazine subscriptions for me, I think that was quite good value.

Pinions Fri 19-Sep-08 19:31:07

OK deals is the keyword here (still thick even after noseying at another thread) - off to search out the deals.

Thanks chequers grin.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 19:33:26

depends what you want;
days out
mag annual subs
RAC annual sub
meals

if you look at the deal link I put on the other thread, also have a look at the new deals (top left hand side) as the new ones don't seem to be on the "all deals" list.

RedLollyYellowLolly Fri 19-Sep-08 19:35:37

I think most of the deals give you 4 x face value. So basically don't do what I used to do and just use them as cash in store....

I'm assuming you've found this?

We have used vouchers for meals before but you should be aware that they are only applied to food, not drinks, coffee, tips etc.

DH planning on using my our latest stash in Goldsmiths against a new watch hmm

RedLollyYellowLolly Fri 19-Sep-08 19:37:08

Sorry CS - cross post re the link.

Yes, forgot we also got a good RAC deal. Considering I used them just this morning when my tyre blew that's pretty poor memory on my part!

Pinions Fri 19-Sep-08 19:37:44

A new watch! Fabarooney.

RedLollyYellowLolly Fri 19-Sep-08 19:40:16

I have a watch forum hmm page open on the PC at the moment which I am forbidden to close grin

We have a Tesco credit card which we use for all our household purchases so we had quite a nice stash of vouchers until now.

YeSaltySlurDog Fri 19-Sep-08 19:42:26

I hear deals are good also.

If you can get arse in gear and send off for them.

expatinscotland Fri 19-Sep-08 19:51:27

we always use the vouchers on food or fuel.

if you have insurance through them, you can link it to your clubcard and get more points that way, too.

CapnGooberSparrow Fri 19-Sep-08 19:58:20

4 bottles of wine?
A box of wine?
3 bottles of wine and a box of Lindor?

Pinions Fri 19-Sep-08 20:00:34

Now you're talking grin.

Wonder if you still get 4x the amount [hopeful].

RandomIdiot Fri 19-Sep-08 20:05:00

expat...if you use them on something other than food or fuel you get 4* the value...if of course there is something to take your fancy.

So £20 vouchers can be worth £80.

RandomIdiot Fri 19-Sep-08 20:06:36

Pinions - no you won't get 4 times the value if you spend them on groceries....even though wine and Lindor are groceries in a rather lose term grin

lisad123 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:10:13

we use our on day trips, zoo, theme parks ect. its the only way we can afford these trips,as so costly. If you use them this way, you will get £80 worth, more than enough for 2-3 days out

nannyL Sat 20-Sep-08 09:31:44

for £80 you might be able to get a night in a hotel...

they do cinema tickets so you could prob get a meal out then some billy elliot tickets.

im thinking of using mine for a english heritgae pass or a merlin pass so a year of alton towers / london eye etc

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 20-Sep-08 09:33:33

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now