Advanced search


(5 Posts)
NutterlyUts Thu 18-Sep-08 19:19:47

Do you need a special bit of a license to drive a caravan? (like a two berth add on to the car one)

TheArmadillo Thu 18-Sep-08 19:27:30

not unless it's a house sized one you are dragging behind you. Definately not for a two-berth one though.

There are private courses though called things like 'confident caravanning' to make you feel more confident for those who want them.

It's worth checking up on the different regulations and guidelines if you will be towing one though (I think they can only go on the inside lane of a motorway and do a maximum of 60mph) and similar.

lizandlulu Thu 18-Sep-08 19:44:11

you do if you passed your driving test after january 1997. before then you could tow on a car license, after then you need to take another test specifically for towing. (or a class 1 hgv test!)

NutterlyUts Fri 19-Sep-08 12:44:03

Thanks! I passed earlier this year so I think I need to do the extra bit?

lizandlulu Fri 19-Sep-08 17:16:50 have a look here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now