Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

House Buyer Is Playing Silly Buggers

(10 Posts)
WestCountryLass Thu 24-Feb-05 22:02:10

My buyer had his survey done which picked up the chimney needs repointing and the flasing needs replacing. Not a big deal. I had a quote done for £330 and we were prepared to pay for the work as its not a big deal in the whole scheme of things.

Well the buyer had a quote done and his comes to £2600 To be honest, I think the builder saw our buyer coming a mile off as he is not very clued up or confident. He wants us to reduce our purchase price to pay for it. The builder has included other things they say need doing but which were not picked up by the surveyor and in my mind do not need doing. I have said we will pay £500 which I think is more than generous as is more than the quote I had done.

What gets my goat is the estate agents keeps saying 'but theya re a first time buyer' when we negotiated price, the fact the sale has been slow and now this qote malarkey. But how many allowances do you make because theya re a FTB????

joash Thu 24-Feb-05 22:04:01

IMHO Tell 'em to get stuffed. Cheeky buggers. If you don't mind waiting another week or so, have the work done and sling it back on the market. Plenty more FTB's in the market.

joash Thu 24-Feb-05 22:06:01

We made a similar mistake when we sold our last house, ended up waiting for the FTB to get on with it and added another 7 months to our waiting time. Told 'em to take a running jump and the house resold and we'd moved within 6 weeks. If we;d have done that in the first place - we wouldn't have lost the house that we really wanted.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 24-Feb-05 22:06:17

No, that's ridiculous. He'll probably buy it anyway though.

WestCountryLass Thu 24-Feb-05 22:08:19

I think you are right Joash, if he grumbles about my £500 offer then I will tell him to sod off

This guy put in an offer first weekend after the New Year, he did not get survey done until 1st week of Feb, then has taken 3 weeks to get quotes and get back to me. Pull your finger out mate!

joash Thu 24-Feb-05 22:13:57

Good for you. I've a few friends who are FTB's and, no disrespect intended towards them, but they're under the opinion that they can get away with murder, cause everyone wants a FTB - seems to be a new breed of housebuyer. Stand your ground, he's playing games.

irishbird Thu 24-Feb-05 22:15:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joash Thu 24-Feb-05 22:20:14

Ours is not actually on the market yet. We were aiming for the end of this month, but with things being the way they are at the moment - it's more likely to be the end of next month. Anyway, I'm going to insist that it goes on at 'offers above' rather than affers around. And I've no intention of taking any less than it's valued at - sod 'em.

irishbird Thu 24-Feb-05 22:20:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joash Thu 24-Feb-05 22:22:13

snigger - but it's worth every penny...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now