Talk

Advanced search

MN journos - how do you get into film previews to do reviews?

(10 Posts)
Monkeytrousers Tue 16-Sep-08 23:08:58

I am co-editing a local mag - a two woman team, just into next months deadline week and so am in nervous breakdown mode but anyway - I am thinking of doing a family film review every month - who do I contact?

MrsCurly Wed 17-Sep-08 21:11:28

You need to speak to the PRs at each of the big film distribution companies. Depending on where in the country you are you might be able to get in to preview screenings (they are mostly in London although sometimes they do regional screenings, especially for the more popular films). They would also be able to give you stills from the film (ie photos) which you could use to illustrate your article. They might also be able to get you a quote from one of the stars if you were doing a feature.

Good luck with your deadline!

LyraSilvertongue Wed 17-Sep-08 21:12:38

What mrscurly said. PRs.

SheikYerbouti Wed 17-Sep-08 21:13:25

I review films sometimes for a mag for Vue cinemas - I never see the films, I write them all from press releases.

Obv, this is no fun

Monkeytrousers Sat 20-Sep-08 18:14:04

lol

cheers folks

Twiglett Sat 20-Sep-08 18:15:16

my favourite part of my old job was watching preview screenings during work hours in private cinemas grin

Monkeytrousers Sun 21-Sep-08 00:43:00

Is it the same for cosmetics samples then - PR's?

Monkeytrousers Sun 21-Sep-08 00:43:41

and, I'm just wondering if I can get DS in to the family film screenings?

bundle Sun 21-Sep-08 00:45:14

dh has ended up on some preview lists, we went to see a film recently...but it can't have been that good as I can't remember what it was.

oh and he went to see that film about the Duchess, Georgiana, which was well pants really

Tinkerbel6 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:52:29

See film first is a site for getting free preview tickets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now