Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if right place but it'sa bout halloween!!! ARGH.....

(11 Posts)
mamadiva Tue 16-Sep-08 08:22:07

Okay have 2YO DS, his nursery is having a halloween party can anyone tell me where I can get a half decent costume am open to ideas, would like to make one but am useless with things like that so... shop bought may be best.

I've checked Woolworths, Asda and Tesco all of which mainly start at 3 years or some crappy cape for a 2YO how exciting?

What did your 2YO dress up as?

belgo Tue 16-Sep-08 08:26:09

Black cat? Black clothes, black tail made out of something, black cat's ears are fairly easy to get, and use black eyeliner to draw on whiskers and a nose.

belgo Tue 16-Sep-08 08:27:24

or a more boyish version is with a black cape to look like a black bat or vampire, with fangs?

mamadiva Tue 16-Sep-08 08:35:29

Thanks Belgo, my 2YO would freak if I put a set of fangs in LOL.

belgo Tue 16-Sep-08 08:39:12

actually, I have seen small children freak out at Halloween parties - some of those outfits are very scarey!

The cheapest and simplest option is a ghost - white sheet and eyes cut out.

mamadiva Tue 16-Sep-08 08:45:04

Okay I have found a few on Ebay tell me your opinions please?

Robin Hood

Pirate

Bat

Which one would you pick?

norksinmywaistband Tue 16-Sep-08 08:48:04

The bat is good, but quite expensive.
iirc then they do do smaller sizes in the main stream shops.
Is DS very small?
I found last year that a 3 year old outfit over normal clothes fitted fine. - And mine attemted to remove it at the first oppertunity so Clothes underneath was quite beneficial

mamadiva Tue 16-Sep-08 08:52:39

LOL good idea at the clothes underneath norks.

He is tall but quite skinny thought all of the outfits looked really big made but I guess I could try one and if it doesn't fit take it back/condemn oit to a dress up box

I wish I could make something! ARGH! Don't know what I fancy though is main problem. He likes firemen and Bob the Builder but don't know what I could fashion to fit that kind of thing. He does have a hard hat though.

CostaRicanCod Tue 16-Sep-08 08:53:33

i bought a black cat outfit from ebay for ds3 a few years ago
had a white tummy, was so cute

catweazle Tue 16-Sep-08 13:27:50

matalan had halloween costumes when I went in last week

sb6699 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:34:15

I got a lovely witch outfit in M&S last year and they had lots of others for a 2 yo as well. They had smaller sizes too - bit pricey for one day though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now