Talk

Advanced search

challenge: how to celebrate anniv cheaply

(5 Posts)
hazlinh Thu 24-Feb-05 07:10:23

as am not in uk, any general ideas wd be good. am ruling out a weekend away as dh cant get leave, and anyway we stay in a lovely place as it is, just need to pack dd off to the mil's!

oh and we're on a tight budget. he's suggesting a romantic picnic at a waterfall or river somewhere..any other ideas?

zubb Thu 24-Feb-05 08:28:32

picnic sounds good, or cook a lovely meal at home for the two of you.
Will you both have the day off? if your dd is away then a long lie in / leisurely breakfast / lunch out etc would be great - unless you get to do that kind of thing already in which case I'm !

hazlinh Thu 24-Feb-05 09:01:25

no we never get a long lie in...even naps are a thing of the past!! so that would be good....

collision Thu 24-Feb-05 09:09:18

Where do you live?

Turn off the phone and the alarm clock!

I would buy in some croissants and orange juice and have a big pot of coffee ready for breakfast after a long leisurely lie in.

Then get ready for a nice lunch somewhere that you wouldnt normally go as you have a dd, whether that be a pub, restaurant or just a romantic picnic. Chicken, fresh bread, tomatoes, fruit salad and a bottle of cold white wine. A nice rug and a CD player for music.....bliss!

Then back home for some luuuurve! and a DVD and an early night! Am planning my anniversary now!

Bibiboo Thu 24-Feb-05 13:38:42

Maybe recreate something you did on an early date..?
*Rent one of the first films you saw together
*Recreate at home the first meal you had together
*Put a mix-tape/cd together for him of the songs that you both liked/were around when you first met etc
*Gather some of your fave photos of your relationship and put them in a small album with special messages on each page
* A thank you card with a lovely romantic message in, thanking him for all the little, seemingly insignificant things he's done for you over the years

Hope that helps, even if it's taken as a list of mushy things to avoid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now