Talk

Advanced search

when should she move from cot to bed?

(11 Posts)
Rachie97 Fri 12-Sep-08 16:45:54

My little one is nearly 22 months and i'm i am thinking of moving her from cot to bed, I don't know when the best time to do this is and will be grateful of any advice

scarletlilybug Fri 12-Sep-08 16:53:01

If she's happy in her cot, leave her there until she can climb out of it.
My children only moved to beds at 3 plus... never saw the need to move them earlier. JMO.

RubySlippers Fri 12-Sep-08 16:54:05

Ds is 2.3 and still in his cot

he cannot get out of it on his own so that has to be a good thing

savetheplanetdontiron Fri 12-Sep-08 16:57:50

wait till she can get out unaided - dc1 was 2.5 years - dc2 was 11 months - it is a pita! have the bed and bedrail (if using)ready for the day when she is ready and keep an eye out for 'mountaineering attempts'!! smile

ajm200 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:10:29

I'd say leave her in the cotbed unless she can climb out or you need the cot for the next one.

I've just moved DS across at 22 months and he has been fine. Just fussed for the first two nights.

Rachie97 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:11:31

she not climbing out of cot yet, but i think that because she has been in a grobag. i tried her with sheet & blanket last night, she slept fine, she kicked the covers off though!

Mrsfudgecake Fri 12-Sep-08 17:13:25

Mine is 27 months and still in a cot. No intention of moving him yet as friends of mine have and their kids now come into bed with them at 5am. Not to say mine won't later....but hopefully I'll be able to 'reason' with him when he's older??!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Sep-08 17:14:21

I moved DD at 18 months - she was escaping anyway and a low bed with a bed guard was frankly safer. But if she's happy leave her where she is. At least you have some confidence you won't find her flooding the bathroom if she's in a cot.

ajm200 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:17:38

DS waits until he's downstairs to flood our bathroom. I must be a cruel parent as part of moving him into his own room involved putting a stairgate in his bedroom door. He accepts it and asks us to open the gate for him when he wants to go in and out.

Rachie97 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:30:40

i think thats a good idea, she knows how to shout for mommy..

ajm200 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:47:13

Should say that he loves the independance of being allowed to go upstairs on his own and play in his room while mummy is downstairs. The room is completely baby safe and with a gate in the door I know he can't come to any harm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now