Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a hairdresser in york?

(10 Posts)
mamamila Fri 12-Sep-08 14:38:55

After a month of walking around and looking in salon windows, I can't put it off any longer. But I'm too scared to try a new unknown hairdresser, I've had so many traumatic experiences in my life involving bad haircuts and colour fiascos..

KashaSarrasin Fri 12-Sep-08 14:52:11

No idea, but I'm also looking for a hairdresser in York so would love to get some recommendations!

mamamila Fri 12-Sep-08 15:07:50

hi kasha, are you new to york too?
there are loads of salons in york, but i don't trust any without recommendation. i used to stick to toni n guy if i was in a place i didn't know but had a terrible colour and over enthusiastic 'razor cut' last time i tried

i've just had an idea, could get my nails done and ask the girls where do they go

beeny Fri 12-Sep-08 15:10:29

Am near York have tried a few toni n guy were ok but not brilliant.There is one near coppergate called michael something quite good

mamamila Fri 12-Sep-08 15:15:18

new to york.. everytime i say that i can help wishing i were in new york, ahhh well...

oh thanks beeny, i think i remember seeing a something michael salon. i think a similar kind of chain to toni n guy they have in france, or was that jean louis david?? hmm

did you have a cut or color?

mamamila Fri 12-Sep-08 15:15:54

new to york.. everytime i say that i can't help wishing i were in new york, ahhh well...

oh thanks beeny, i think i remember seeing a something michael salon. i think a similar kind of chain to toni n guy they have in france, or was that jean louis david?? hmm

did you have a cut or color?

KashaSarrasin Fri 12-Sep-08 20:25:16

I've been here about 18 months but am completely phobic about hairdressers! I found a lovely one where we were living before, and had my hair in a very short crop. Now it's down past my shoulders shock and I really want it short again!

I'll check out the one near Coppergate next time I'm in town.

KashaSarrasin Fri 12-Sep-08 20:26:48

Mamamila are you French? We moved to York from France (DH is French) - and yes, it's Jean Louis David the big chain in France. I think I got my hair cut in one of their salons once, it was OK but not great.

jooseyfruit Fri 12-Sep-08 20:31:43

I live in York and go to Frizz on Clarence st. Lisa is fabulous, trendy but not too 'out there', plus she is a lovely lovely lady.tel 652218. I've been going to her for about 8 years.

KashaSarrasin Fri 12-Sep-08 23:26:13

Ooh, might give Frizz a try then! Thanks jooseyfruit. I used to walk past there quite a lot when DS2 was in SCBU but never got the chance to check it out properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now