Talk

Advanced search

Just had to declare my brief spell of PND on my Ofsted Health Declaration booklet-need advice!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
MilaMae Thu 11-Sep-08 11:16:13

I'm now worried I won't pass as have to tick the box with depression,anxiety,stress related illness,mental health probs.

As far as I'm concerned I've had none of those, to me PND was a temporary hormonal thing and to be honest I often wonder if where I was concerned more to do with the sleep deprivation involved with having 3 under 18 months.

Has anybody else declared it and had problems,should I write a covering note on the form????

PinkChick Thu 11-Sep-08 11:21:17

Hi, are you becoming a childminder?

i am and i also had depression (due to sexual abuse as a achild) and PND, i told my inspector as wella s putting it down on my form, i told her id tooktablets (OD) as a child) as well and we discussed it all and she said as i now have myself sorted (didnt matter wether i was still taking tabs, but i wasnt) it wasnt a prob but the fact id been open and honest was a good positive step for me as she could then say to anyone who may have brought it up "oh yes i know, we spoke in lengh aout it, its not a prob"smile..good lucksmile..you may find though, theyll do a more indepth health check on you..again mine was finesmile

PinkChick Thu 11-Sep-08 11:22:00

oh, i would put a star next to that box and write "see notes", then explain exactly what area it was so they dont have to assumesmile

MilaMae Thu 11-Sep-08 11:26:33

Thanks grin

MilaMae Thu 11-Sep-08 11:27:21

Yes it's for childminding.

PinkChick Thu 11-Sep-08 11:52:25

there was another cm on here who was still taking ad's and she was a veyr good and succesful cm, so it wont put ofsted offsmile..you should pop over to the childminders threads if you need any more advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now