Talk

Advanced search

me+baby=friends run opposite way!!

(5 Posts)
hamster Wed 23-Feb-05 08:38:41

Do you ever notice how once you're a parent, childless friends develop 'other things to do'? It's as if, you contracted a deathly disease...still in a way I suppose I am just jealous of their freedom

breeze Wed 23-Feb-05 08:42:10

This does happen to a certain extent, I had a few friends who used to come round chatting about who they pulled on a Friday, while I had a baby who needed nappies changed etc etc, think after a few visits they got less frequent and now I dont see them at all, saying that though you make more friends with people who have kids.

nnosam Wed 23-Feb-05 08:43:35

your not the only one, its the same here.
all my mates used to be young and cool, and now their all older then me and have kids the same age.

Chuffed Wed 23-Feb-05 09:38:11

hamster they'll catch up eventually and in the meantime start trying to meet new people and keep in touch as they'll need a friend like you when they do catch up.

hamster Wed 23-Feb-05 13:37:03

thanks peeps, just adjusting to parenting life, thats all. Hard work to say the least. Feel like old lady housewife left behind....lol..good to to know there's people out there in the same boat And thankyou Chuffed I suppose they will catch up one day...maybe, and at least I know what's in store for them hehe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now