Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

a great safe game for kids!!

(12 Posts)
vickipeee Wed 10-Sep-08 11:43:06

I am not really sure where to post this as there are so many conversations!!
BUT I have come across a great new online world for kids so I thought i would share my find. It is moderated, and during peak times, activites are arranged by the online moderators to create a fun happy environment for all those involved.

I have recommended it to my friends who have kids, and whats more, as it is so new, it is in the testing stages meaning that all the features can be accessed and played for free as the kids are helping out!

You can take a look at the website by going here
www.gardenpartyworld.com

Let me know what you think!! smile

Hulababy Wed 10-Sep-08 12:15:19

Is this your own business?

vickipeee Wed 10-Sep-08 13:21:35

no! just abit of an online gamer!
I spend alot of time au-pairing so am always on the look out for fun safe things for kids to do!

macwoozy Thu 11-Sep-08 07:58:00

It's a good game, it has a few teething problems but eventually I can see this getting as big as Club Penguin. I wonder how much it'll cost to play though once its gone beyond the testing stagehmm

vickipeee Fri 12-Sep-08 10:54:09

yeh im not sure! i imagine it should be similar to club penguin... or less really!... the kids i know and take care of absolutely rave about it!!

nappyaddict Fri 12-Sep-08 10:56:44

my cousin is on club penguin but it's only about £3 a month i think.

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 10:56:56

Welcome to MN.

Jux Fri 12-Sep-08 11:38:05

There are a few links that either don't work or which I've not spent enough time checking instructions etc to make work! DD will enjoy this for a little while, but she is 9 and will find it a bit simple. I think she would enjoy making her garden, but I didn't want to do anythi7ng to it as I've signed on as her! I wish Club Penguin looked as nice.

vickipeee Fri 12-Sep-08 14:18:36

Yeh i know what you mean, but i guess the wonder of these games is that they will constantly be added new stuff to them, which in a way i guess makes them more 'value for money' so to speak than your average Wii, or DS game which inevitably will have an ending! (Thanks for the welcome if that was for me by the way!!) grin

Jux Sun 14-Sep-08 00:12:23

OK dd has played it for a few hours and really enjoyed it (the links that didn't work were just me not understanding how to play and not wanting to start planting before dd saw it). I spent more time on it last night just to see. I was asked a couple of qs by other players which could have been reported (Where do you live? and How old are you?). DD said no one had asked her any questions like that, but she would answer 'No personal info' and if asked again would report.

Instructions are not always clear and there is no log off that I can find. Good though; I think dd will continue to play on it, along with Neopets and Penguin Club.

Thanks for recommendation.

vickipeee Wed 17-Sep-08 11:04:00

oh I'm glad she liked my find as did the kids i take care of!! I do like how the moderators seem to play an active role in getting kids to take part in fun things!.. seems to be something different and new unlike other worlds like club penguin! but then they have so many people on there maybe it would be much more difficult!

MUMTAXIANDWIFE Thu 18-Sep-08 22:42:08

My kids have been playing this Garden Party game since Tuesday and I can't get them off it! It does look very pretty I must say.

I too noticed a moderator a few times - was reassuring! And yeah I agree... re these games have new stuff all the time - that is great news money-wise.

Having said that, these are games played in your brower so they can't easily be played on a big screen in the living room. But... so far my kids are just after a fun time and it has certainly kept them quiet! (Shame they didn't play this in the summer holidays!) shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now