Talk

Advanced search

My local Homestart looking for volunteers - can someone tell me a bit about it as I think I might like to do it but would like to know the reality first....

(5 Posts)
CountessDracula Mon 08-Sep-08 12:52:59

thanks!

frankbestfriend Mon 08-Sep-08 12:58:52

Am watching with interest as I have been thinking of volunteering for my local Homestart.

norksinmywaistband Mon 08-Sep-08 13:03:12

My step-mum volunteers, She has 2 families allocated to her and although it is a regular commitment she enjoys it.
One family she helps by taking a child to school in the mornings( mum has young twins)
The other family mum has PND so she spends 2 hours a week with her, has baby while she rests shops cleans. Now she has been with the family for a few months she sometimes takes the baby out as well.
Very worthwhile IMO

LilRedWG Mon 08-Sep-08 13:05:18

HomeStart are invaluable to me and although I don't have the visits at home, their volunteers at the groups are amazing. As soon as I am no longer visiting for my own health and legally can (a year after I'm off their books) I will be volunteering.

Well done to all of those volunteering.

CountessDracula Mon 08-Sep-08 13:19:24

Can you do eves or weekends?
I don't have a lot of spare time in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now