Talk

Advanced search

so when DOES your biological clock stop ticking?

(30 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cappuccino Mon 08-Sep-08 10:42:08

it's just more gettin' old, love

I do wonder how much is age and how much is broodiness

My biological clock is off. I mean I still could, but I do not want any more children. Not a bone in me. But I am upset atm because I see v young women with pushchairs; also older women, maybe about 5 years younger than me

and I expect to know them and then I don't, and I realise that a whole new generation of mothers is replacing me and my friends, and we are now the older schooly mums and we are all shuffling one step further towards death

did that cheer you up at all? grin

Cappuccino Mon 08-Sep-08 10:46:32

there, see

you have stopped thinking about being broody now smile

my work here is done

WideWebWitch Mon 08-Sep-08 10:47:31

yeah thanks for those cheering words capp
ikEXACTLY wym

ForeverOptimistic Mon 08-Sep-08 10:49:30

Blimey Cappuccino, you know how to lighten things up grin. I think you have just articulated how I am feeling although I hadn't realised it before!

Cappuccino Mon 08-Sep-08 10:50:13

it's the opportunity of youth

you imagine said pregnant woman's life as one just about to be filled with joy and new experience

you have your rose-tinted specs on however

soon she will be as haggard as us and we will welcome her to the fold

Cappuccino Mon 08-Sep-08 10:52:23

not so optimistic now then, eh?

I have that effect on people

<proud>

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Sep-08 10:54:50

themildmanneredjanitor know how you feel but not my choice.went to see brand spanking new baby yesterday-even dh did gooey eye thing.and all of my friends seem to be pregnant

im so fed up with the when are you having another questions.i usually mumble something about growing more hands and eyes in the back of my head but wish i could shout piss off i cantangry sorry mini rant not really/kind of to do with thread.

Cappuccino Mon 08-Sep-08 10:55:34

well then she is barking. 4 kids!

I'm so sorry you are sad. But you are onto the next stage of your life, as you say, and this woman - well, it looks like she's having trouble Letting Go.

It's sad for her really. Give her pitying, sympathetic smiles whenever you see her.

She can't face her own mortality, that's the only reason she's still popping them out

VinegarTits Mon 08-Sep-08 10:58:06

If its any consolation i feel the same, i never used to get broody when i was younger, now i only need to get a whiff of a baby and i want one. Im hoping its a phase that will soon pass.

But am secretly wishing i will meet the man of my dreams soon and get preggers again before im 40

<lives in a dream world>

ladytophamhatt Mon 08-Sep-08 10:59:18

well, let me tell you IME your neighbours will stop when her 4th is about 15 months old.

Not only did mine stop, I smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer and then propelled it into space one ting but at a time, making sure I propelled them all in defferent directions.

I bloody well hope it never finds me again.

ladytophamhatt Mon 08-Sep-08 11:00:11

ting but??

tiny bit i mean....

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Sep-08 11:08:42

i got kittens instead.theyre not keen on sling thoughgrin

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Sep-08 11:11:26

im beginning to worry im suddenly alergic-itching eyes etc?dont care

Sobernow Mon 08-Sep-08 11:15:24

ChacunaSonGout Mon 08-Sep-08 11:15:48

i have an eight week old (well nearly !) and 5 others AND i still hear ticking...

maybe its a bomb...

dh does his best to muffle it under a pillow

you'd think by now the spring would be overwound but oh no

mine must be digital

ladytophamhatt Mon 08-Sep-08 13:53:17

I had a digital one until that really really cute baby I had turned in to a toddler.
Before that I could have carried on and on.

Having another toddler was when/why I smashed the thing up.

norksinmywaistband Mon 08-Sep-08 13:56:56

My biological clock stopped about 2 years six months and one day ago, after the birth of DS.
I have never felt broody in the slightest since that day, and have plenty of new and PG mothers around me.
I even got DH to have the snip as didn't want any slip ups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now