Talk

Advanced search

Baby's memento box

(10 Posts)
ja9 Mon 21-Feb-05 20:55:35

I have a 6 mth old ds. I want to start making up a box for him. You know the kind of thing, newspaper from the birth-day(thanks miaou!), hospital bracelt, first pair of shoes etc etc.

But what else do i put in it? Any nice ideas?

TIA

lunavix Mon 21-Feb-05 20:58:47

In DS's (currently a box from ikea!)
is his first pair of shoes, newspaper from the day, the no1 single from the day (McFLy!) a paper which had a child of the year competition we entered him in, his hospital tags, his baby record book, his first sleepsuit and hat (the one they put him in straight after birth), and his christening bits (a candle and certificate)

Donbean Mon 21-Feb-05 20:59:37

Ive put in a bit of ds's hair from his first hair cut, the only little outfit that he would fit into because he was such a tiny weeny little thing. Also ive put the diary pages from my filofax in of the year i was pregnant with him. Scan appointments, first time he kicked, finding out he was a boy etc etc etc. Ah bless, fond memories!

yoyo Mon 21-Feb-05 21:04:32

To the disgust of my children I kept their cords when they dropped off! I just felt the attachment was significant.

rickman Mon 21-Feb-05 21:06:15

Message withdrawn

maisystar Mon 21-Feb-05 21:15:20

in ds's is a scrapbook with photos of ward, midwives, 1st photos of ds with family, birth report, wrist tags, my mat records, the cord(), my hosp list, birth cards, papers from the day he was born, a diary i kept when i was pregnant, ist haircut, a 1st babygrow, vest, nappy(clean!),handprint, furry boots, hat, mitts, and a tape recording of his 1st noises!

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 21:17:56

I have got the Radio Times from when DTs were born

Make sure you put scan pics in the dark because they won't last otherwise {that was what I was told anyway}

Oh a nappy in baby size

Hulababy Mon 21-Feb-05 21:19:17

We have a couple of boxes now - one from her first being born, the other with stuff from her baptism, first birthday and other significant items.

Her baby one has her ID band, thing from umbilical cord, her first outfit from daddy, birth cards, notes from hospital regarding her birth, scan photo, baby book, etc.

mmmmchocolate Mon 21-Feb-05 21:20:11

We added most of what has been suggested but also the firsy size nappy.. Was so tiny.

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 21:48:27

I keep them all a scrapbook, with holiday tickets, birthday party invites, photos in paper, cinema tickets, nursery school start date letters etc so when they grow up and say ' I've had a boring childhood' I can say, 'well actually you didn't!'. the older child does look at his when I do it (every 12 months or so) and is fascinated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now