Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you blow dry your childrens' hair?

(20 Posts)
kando Mon 21-Feb-05 16:19:48

I blow dry dd1&2's hair every two or three nights. I'm just wondering, all the magazines say to use something to protect hair from heat damage on adults hair - should I be using it on the dd's hair too? I use a conditioning shampoo and sometimes a detangling spray but nothing else. What do you all do?

gingerbear Mon 21-Feb-05 16:20:43

DD won't let me near her with a hairbrush let alone a hairdryer!

Yorkiegirl Mon 21-Feb-05 16:32:43

Message withdrawn

cornfield Mon 21-Feb-05 16:35:01

I must admit I have never blow dried dd's hair. She washes and conditions it every few days and it's so shiny...must be just lazy

jessicasmummy Mon 21-Feb-05 16:35:16

although jess is only 7 months old she has loads of hair, but ive never even thought about blow drying it.... i like the way it goes "flyaway" when i leave it to dry naturally!

puddle Mon 21-Feb-05 16:37:25

I dry ds's hair because it's really thick and won't dry on its own. But only when he has it washed which is once a week, sometimes more like every 10 days....DD never - her hair is thinner and dries really quickly. But she has hers done every 2-3 days (she's younger and there's the food-in-hair factor)

Pinotmum Mon 21-Feb-05 17:02:47

I blow dry dd's hair 4 yo occasionally as it's long and thick. Prefer to let it dry naturally though. I use a spray in conditioner before hand but don't know if this really protects it.

Hulababy Mon 21-Feb-05 17:22:24

DD always using the hairdriers at the Gym after swimming. She loves it

II never do it at home though as I never blow dry my own hair - it dries my hair out and makes it ful of static, and the air blowing on my scalp hurts my psorasis!

Polgara2 Mon 21-Feb-05 17:26:31

Yes I do but thats because they wash their hair in the bath before they go to bed and I don't want them going to bed with wet hair. Find it an absolute pain though - lots of moaning involved (and thats just me )

nikkim Mon 21-Feb-05 21:32:06

I blowdry dd hair if we are in a rush, will admit to having straightened it once, when she was in a show, gues that makes me trailor trash!

Carameli Tue 22-Feb-05 20:52:59

dd is 16mnths and I blow dry it a little bit on a cool setting if its just before she goes to bed. My hairdresser also said its a good idea to get girls especially used to hairdryers from an early age so that they are not so scared from them when they start going to a hairdresser.

expatinscotland Tue 22-Feb-05 20:54:05

No. She has lovely ringlets. Her hair is the colour of oak bark and I love to see it curling up as it dries.

stupidgirl Tue 22-Feb-05 20:58:11

I rarely dry my kids hair. Only if we're running late and there's no time for it to dry naturally before bed. They both think it's quite a treat!

I never dry mine either.

indamb Tue 22-Feb-05 21:01:26

i always dry dd (3.2 months) hair, its very long and thick.

dont use hair protector tho, maybe i should.

ThomCat Tue 22-Feb-05 21:02:17

I do yes. We wash it about 2 or 3 times a week. We use conditioning shampoo and use the cool setting on the drier. She sits on my bed and watches TV while I sit behind her & dry it off.

irishbird Tue 22-Feb-05 21:06:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LooneyLaura Tue 22-Feb-05 21:09:16

I occasionally dry DD's hair with a hairdryer, but she is only 23 months and her hair's pretty short and thin and drys quick anyway. I dry it in the mornings with a hairdryer if we are going out only because it's so cold and don't want her to get a cold head!
Dont use anything on it except if she sees me using something on mine then I give her some, she thinks it's great to copy Mummy.

nbsmum Tue 22-Feb-05 21:16:36

i always dry dd's hair because her bath is part of her wind down for bed, do it on a low heat though because it's very fine it dries really quick, her hair is in good condition, but without blowdrying into shape it stands up all over because she has a double crown!!

Clayhead Tue 22-Feb-05 21:31:26

Yes, wash dd's every 2 days and always blow dry, her hair is so thick! Don't do ds's though, his hair is thinner.

Kayleigh Tue 22-Feb-05 21:34:15

One good thing about having boys Their hair is so short a quick rub with a towel and we are all sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now