Talk

Advanced search

Anyone sat a written test for a job as a HCA ???

(17 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Fri 05-Sep-08 09:36:50

I have to sit one today, and I have absolutly no idea what it will be about.

Any ideas ??

Just hoping there is no maths involved really.

IllegallyBrunette Fri 05-Sep-08 09:45:54

Bump

tiredemma Fri 05-Sep-08 09:49:25

good luck

SlartyBartFast Fri 05-Sep-08 09:57:02

perhaps it will be questions and answers.
sorry, other than that have no idea

IllegallyBrunette Fri 05-Sep-08 09:58:42

Thanks

tiredemma Fri 05-Sep-08 09:59:56

Emma what time is the test. I have a friend who did do the test (three years ago) - I can phone her now if you like? (she worked at GH before she went to wolves to do Mwifery)

IllegallyBrunette Fri 05-Sep-08 14:58:52

It's ok, I am back smile

It was a numeracy and literacy test, and I passed both, so have an interview on 15th Sept at 9:15 grin

tiredemma Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:03

well done!

When do you go to spain?

lulumama Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:30

good luck for the interview

SlartyBartFast Fri 05-Sep-08 15:01:02

well done grin

IllegallyBrunette Fri 05-Sep-08 15:03:10

Thanks

We go to Spain on Sunday and I get back just before midnight , the sunday before the interview.

Quite glad I will be away as otherwise i'd spend all week worrying about the interview.

Will be picking my mums brains all week though.

I know who is interviewing me too and am quite chuffed.

tiredemma Fri 05-Sep-08 16:49:19

excellent! i think that you are in with a good chance with this one!! you can do your nvq also alongside it cant you???

IllegallyBrunette Sat 06-Sep-08 21:18:14

Yes, if i get it then I have to do my nvq pretty much straight away I think, which is fine by me. Can also do level 3 and phlebotomy too grin

All those babies will make me so broody though lol.

tiredemma Sat 06-Sep-08 21:30:19

thats fantastic. I really hope you get it. Do you need to read up on anything for the interview?

singledadofthree Sat 06-Sep-08 21:42:15

oh wow!!

knew things would look up - and youre going to spain ....i hate the english weather!!!

will have me fingers crossed a week on monday...well, i'll probably have forgotten but its the thought that counts

happy holidays!!

IllegallyBrunette Sun 07-Sep-08 08:21:20

Thanks SDO3 smile

Emma - I asked my mum if she thought I should read up on anything but she didn't think so. Plus I am not really going to have time, as we leave today and won't get back until midnight on the sunday and then my interview is 9:15 the following day.

I am going to ask my mum 1000 questions between now and then though.

In the last interview I had there for hca, they gave me about 4 scenario type questions, you know, what would you do if a patient said xyz ? etc etc, and I am pretty used to hearing about lots that goes on there from my mum so I think I should be able to answer them ok.

Might print off the person spec to take with me and read on the plane LOL.

singledadofthree Mon 15-Sep-08 07:53:28

just wanted to wish you well for today

hope youve had a great holiday and the interview goes well - will have me fingers crossed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now