Talk

Advanced search

have you? Would you shop a drug dealer?

(18 Posts)
Grass Mon 21-Feb-05 15:45:49

who is a known heroin addict and is nothing but a pain up the arse?

ediemay Mon 21-Feb-05 15:51:10

yes I have and yes I'd do it again

JoolsToo Mon 21-Feb-05 15:52:35

probably easy to say and harder to do but I'd like to think I would - I HATE drugs!

Grass Mon 21-Feb-05 15:53:40

if you have, what kind of measures have you took to stop this person knowing it was you?

Lonelymum Mon 21-Feb-05 15:57:48

Doesn't crimestoppers allow you to report someone anonymously?

ediemay Mon 21-Feb-05 15:59:49

I contacted the police for advice and said I could only give the information if confidentiality was promised. They were great about it and very supportive. Also, I think lonelymum is right about crimestoppers being anonymous.

Grass Mon 21-Feb-05 16:22:13

Out of interest ediemay, did the person you anonymously reported get convicted?

ediemay Mon 21-Feb-05 16:27:00

Yes. He was quite a serious dealer and was convicted. Going offline now so good luck with whatever you decide. I know it isn't easy. Ask to talk to the police in confidence for advice if you think it would help you - they will do this.

sparklymieow Mon 21-Feb-05 16:58:09

Dh went to the police after a druggie knocked on our door at our old house (lived next door to a druggie and alcholic) offering me valium and other drugs!! The police did NOTHING!!

Grass Mon 21-Feb-05 17:20:19

did they do nothing?
If this person wasnt in close proximity to me i dont think i would bother (sounds bad I know) but they are affecting other peoples lives who live close to them and I see alot of what is happening iykwim

Branster Mon 21-Feb-05 21:00:01

i deffinetly would. yes crimestoppers allow you to give information annonymously. they have a website with all the phone nos etc

batters Tue 22-Feb-05 12:56:11

If I did I wouldn't do because they were a drug addict and a pain up the arse but because they were a drug dealer IYSWIM.

MistressMary Tue 22-Feb-05 12:57:54

I agree batters.

NomDePlume Tue 22-Feb-05 12:58:26

If it could be guaranteed that my informing the police would be entirely anonymous and there would be no repurcussions for my family, then yes.

HunkerMunker Tue 22-Feb-05 12:58:49

Yes, I'd do it through crimestoppers as others have suggested. Good luck.

lockets Tue 22-Feb-05 12:59:49

Message withdrawn

janinlondon Tue 22-Feb-05 13:55:38

Yes on the question of a dealer (not an addict). Shopped a neighbour who was dealing crack in a street with lots of young kids. Full police raid, followed in by housing association reps and our local councillor. Dealing has since stopped but they wouldn't move him out of the council accommodation because he's disabled and they didn't want the bad press!

sparklymieow Tue 22-Feb-05 14:01:22

I think the police said something like "we need prove, not just your word for it" Dh was shouting at them that if they went there now they would have the prove. But nothing come of it, and she is still living there, no doubt making her new neighbours life hell, in 5 years 4 families moved in and out of our old house (whats that tell you??)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now