Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This is how dh described our relationship

(17 Posts)
Hayls Mon 21-Feb-05 08:44:24

I was looking through dh's emails (wasn't snooping, I always check them for him and use it for my Paypal account)when I saw an email from a mutual friend who dh had told me had just got engaged and I opened it. It was a reply to one dh had sent and congratulating him etc then offering some advice from a battle scarred veteran of marriage- that marriage was like white water rafting- bl**dy challenging but ultimately satisfying.
Not sure how to respond to this- is it a positive endorsment of our marriage or what? Ok, probably reading too much into it but had no idea that any parts of our relationship were challenging
Really want to say that there is no issue of me reading private emails- dh knows I check it for him and always asks if he's got any new emails.

Clayhead Mon 21-Feb-05 08:45:33

I think it sounds quite positive actually! ALso like a blokey thing to say...

throckenholt Mon 21-Feb-05 09:10:04

he was probably trying to warn his friend not to expect it all to be plain sailing (to continue the boating metaphore), but that it was worth the effort.

I bet there must have been the occasional time when you have found you DH "challenging" - if not you are a very lucky and rare person.

throckenholt Mon 21-Feb-05 09:11:23

how about asking him if he likes white water rafting - see what his reaction is - see if he realises you have seen the email !

Hayls Mon 21-Feb-05 09:12:13

Yes dh can be challenging but of course I am never like that. I am the perfect wife at all times.
Put like that, it sounds a lot better, ta!

Twiglett Mon 21-Feb-05 09:20:05

think that's quite accurate actually and really positive

exhilerating, demanding, enthralling and a little wet

I'd be really pleased if DH described it like that, after all what's the alternative (like a wet weekend in Morecombe?)

throckenholt Mon 21-Feb-05 09:20:43

of course you are the perfect wife - so am I

handlemecarefully Mon 21-Feb-05 09:25:13

I think it is a positive endorsement too.

If I was to find a similar thread from my dh it would probably say:

^Christ mate. Don't go there!^

Then there would be a list of complaints about virtually no sex, constant nagging etc etc

handlemecarefully Mon 21-Feb-05 09:25:30

Those should have been italics (darn!)

lou33 Mon 21-Feb-05 09:27:56

sounds like a blokey way of saying he loves being married

Expectantmum Mon 21-Feb-05 09:33:58

Certainly seems like a very positive comment to me! Typical man not to just say that he loves being married, but I don't think you have anything to worry about!

JoolsToo Mon 21-Feb-05 09:35:47

perfect description but you really shouldn't read other people's emails!

Cod Mon 21-Feb-05 09:36:25

Message withdrawn

lou33 Mon 21-Feb-05 09:36:53

yeh but he says its ok jools, so it's irrelevent. DH doesn't mind me reading his either. I dont tho they are too deathly dull

Cod Mon 21-Feb-05 09:36:54

Message withdrawn

JoolsToo Mon 21-Feb-05 09:39:05

Hmmm - if he says ok I suppose so.

Hayls Mon 21-Feb-05 09:45:06

No it's def Ok to read them. I'm fairly sure he knows I read it last night. We just read each others post, emails etc as we know we have nothing to hide. I wasn't reading it to check up, I'm just nosy.
However, I hate water and would never go white water rafting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now