Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

playtex moonwalk,anyone doing it?

(3 Posts)
polly28 Sun 20-Feb-05 23:04:09

I got my acceptance letter yesterday ,which means I have to do it now.I'm thrilled but also a bit daunted.I have been training with a friend for about four months now and we did a ten mile walk today.It was really hard!!

Sore feet ,any advice from other walkers much appreciated.Will the aches gradually go?
I am doing 5 miles twice a week then a big walk at the weekend,gradually building to marathon

MarsLady Sun 20-Feb-05 23:57:06

You're doing well Polly. You've got lots of time to build up to the marathon. Did you download a training schedule? It really pays off. Also, have you got good walking shoes or proper walking trainers? Don't wait to buy new ones just before the moonwalk, you need to break them in properly. Have long soaks when you get in from your longer walks, I found that that helped. You will soon need to bring your 5 miles up to 7 or 8 and your big walks up to about 14. The schedule doesn't let you do a 26.2mile walk, but the biggest walk will be about 20miles. Just before the marathon it brings your walking right back down. Enjoy your training.

I missed the deadline (at least it closed by the time I had remembered to post it). I'm either doing the 60K walk in September or doing the walk in Peru in a couple of years. My training partner and I aren't quite sure which we should do, though I think we should do both.

Well done to you. Keep up the good work. You'll love it. It was such a wonderful experience.

polly28 Mon 21-Feb-05 22:47:19

oh thanks marslady,great to hear you enjoyed it,the only person I have heard of who has done it said they hated it-don't know why!

I bought some new trainers last week as mine were giving me corns,turns out they were way too small and narrow.I have feet like spades!Went to a shop specializing in trainers and they were brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now