Talk

Advanced search

ANyone had a digital camera repaired?

(8 Posts)
littlelamb Mon 01-Sep-08 22:21:15

I can't think where to take my camera for repair. I just dropped it blush right on the viewfinder and now its stuck in the out position and is looking distinctly bent (that'll teach me to use the bloody wriststrap). It is only a few months old so I am gutted Any one know where I can take it to get mended? Please, please say it can be done

Hulababy Mon 01-Sep-08 22:23:12

My camera has suddenyl stopped working. It is a Canon. I turned it on one day and that was it. It was stuck in the out position and nothing I can do will sort it out. Took it to camera shop and it may be possible to repair - but will cost around £100! Not bothering.

undercovercat Mon 01-Sep-08 22:24:30

I wanted to get mine fixed, was cheaper to buy new

NintyZelda Mon 01-Sep-08 22:27:14

I did exactly the same as you littlelamb, dropped it with lens out etc. I sent it to the makers (casio) and they gave me a quote and I got it fixed, was about £90, but camera was v expensive so worth reparing

littlelamb Mon 01-Sep-08 22:27:27

O bum It is from Boots. I dont think they guarantee against idiots dropping them unfortunately. <sigh>

robinpud Mon 01-Sep-08 22:27:44

I borke 3 last year- bit of an exceptional year- did take a lot of photos and am inlcined to be clumsy at times! I can verify that digital cameras do not bounce and that the lens mechanism generally costs more to repair than to replace. Like a lot of things they are essentially disposable sadly

littlelamb Tue 02-Sep-08 17:49:37

I managed to fix it! I got my friend to have a look who literally managed to force the viewfinder back into place and it seems to be working fine. I had tried myself but was afraid to use too much force. She gave it a damn good push and it sems fine so fingers crossed

undercovercat Tue 02-Sep-08 19:47:22

excellent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now