Talk

Advanced search

I hate internet grocery shopping

(9 Posts)
vicdubya Sat 19-Feb-05 20:28:02

haven't done it for a while but haven't much time this weekend and need to do a big shop so just completed my whole order & then needed to change as address and now I've lost the whole f*ing thing and the helpline is closed and I just want to stab someone!

PuffTheMagicDragon Sat 19-Feb-05 20:30:28

for you too

artyjoe Sat 19-Feb-05 21:11:31

Are you using Ocado? I've used them for 4 weeks and they are fab, fab, fab, fab...

vicdubya Sat 19-Feb-05 22:13:55

No Ocado don;t do our area.

It was Tesco.

I hate them.

HunkerMunker Sat 19-Feb-05 22:15:22

Oh, how annoying! Totally understand the stab-frenzy rage. I want to use Ocado next time - am fed up with the close-to-sell-by-date and wrong orders I get with Sainsbury's and Tesco.

Gobbledigook Sat 19-Feb-05 22:16:16

This happened to me on the Next site the other day - entered a pile of stuff then it wouldn't let me change the delivery address like most sites do. Well pissed off.

wordsmith Sat 19-Feb-05 22:24:33

If you live near a Waitrose store try Waitrose online rather than Ocado - they deliver direct from the stores and you can order loose veg and stuff from the fresh meat/fish/deli counter which you can't through Ocado. Only trouble is min order is £50 and it's a £5 charge, but it's fab. I only had one problem wiht delivery, phoned to helpline and had replacement items delivered within 2 hours. You can also put notes aginst each item -I always put 'longest use by date please' against everything perishable...

Personally I love online shopping. I also find it cheaper (even with the £5 charge) as you can see how much you've spent before you checkout and backtrack/delete items if you've gone a bit OTT with the wine of chocs!

wordsmith Sat 19-Feb-05 22:26:33

here's the link to waitrose's online shopping site

vicdubya Sat 19-Feb-05 22:36:17

Agree wordsmith I totally bypassed the bakery section this time .

Unfortunately it's not the first time it's happened. I suppose the thing I am most cross about is the fact the helpline closes at 8 on a saturday.

How dare they have Sat night off?!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now