Talk

Advanced search

Persona experts here please!

(13 Posts)
Newbarnsleygirl Sat 19-Feb-05 17:21:29

I'm thinking of getting a persona monitor. I've been reading up about it on their website and I think it would'nt be a bad thing to have but if you don't mind sharing, I would like to know how well it has worked for you, is it easy to use, are you glad you bought it and where can you buy them cheaper than £65!

sobernow Sat 19-Feb-05 17:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jimjams Sat 19-Feb-05 18:57:07

I was thinking of selling mine!

I used it to get pregnant (worked very quickly). I wouldn't trust it as a contraceptiive (which is why I am thinking of selling mine now- i do NOT want to get pregnant again). Just had a look on ebay- they have a starter pack unopened on there- currently at 39 pounds.

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 19-Feb-05 19:17:35

I don't like buying off E-bay.
Persona were selling them for £65 on their site so I thought that there would be chance of getting them a bit cheaper elsewhere.

romilly Sat 19-Feb-05 19:34:31

I got one and i've only been using it for one month but its a really cool clever little machine - worth every penny i think

got my sis pg. x 2 after years of her trying

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 19-Feb-05 19:37:10

Where did you get yours Romilly?

romilly Sat 19-Feb-05 19:41:38

good old Boots

£65 smackeroos - but i didnt fancy a second hand one, even though you can reset them - i wouldnt totally trust one that has someone else's info logged in, sure thats just me being fussy, they're probably fine....

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 19-Feb-05 19:45:30

No, I don't really want a second hand one either.

Think I will just fork out the £65. They do look really good.

kando Sun 20-Feb-05 07:58:30

I've been using my one for about 8 years now and have never had any problem with it. I DID fall pregnant whilst using it, but only because we "did it" on a red day when I was ovulating ("did it" before I did the test that morning so didn't realise I was ovulating!) Also used it to fall pregnant with dd2. It is very good, but after using it for a couple of years you can more or less predict what the monitor is going to say anyway - I know my red days are from Day 6 up to day 16. Still buy the test sticks every month though!

I thought you could only buy them from Boots - I've never seen them anywhere else!

munnzieb Sun 20-Feb-05 09:15:16

well I got mine from ebay for £17.00 including the postage, just had to get the sticks which was no biggy. it picks up that i'm OV everymonth, not sure how well it's working yet as DH is away and we can't test it properly, (i was on green when he was home) althou DH was confused by it bless him, first he thought it was a glasses case!, then he announced proudly in the middle of boots that I was on green day 26 with a little M and what did that mean I was so embaressed!

munnzieb Sun 20-Feb-05 09:26:41

young hobnob 's selling one in the for sell section for £25, which is a bargin.

Pip Sun 20-Feb-05 15:20:10

If you want to use Persona as a contraceptive device I would be very careful. I used one for a couple of years ... until I got pregnant. Unintentionally.

The monitor gave me the ovulation symbol quite early on in my cycle which turned out to be a false alarm. It is measured on the levels of your hormones I think, I must have had high levels of hormones that month. I ended up having sex when I thought it was safe but was actually ovulating and got pregnant. Nightmare. Persona can only give you one ovulation reading each cycle.

I agree that it's really useful if you use it to try and conceive. Mine has lain untouched since then, I really wouldn't recommend them. Sorry to be so negative!

Roobie Sun 20-Feb-05 15:26:18

I've used mine for about 8 years now. Provided you have a regular cycle and are prepared to stick to the red/green light system (I am convinced it errs on the side of caution myself!) then I would recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now