Talk

Advanced search

How is it possible?

(16 Posts)
emkana Fri 18-Feb-05 22:26:12

I visited a friend today.
She has three children and works full-time. This half-term week she had visitors all week and took them out all over the place.
Her house is absolutely immaculate, in every single room utter perfection.
How does she do it? What am I doing wrong? Am I doing anything wrong? My house looks so tatty all of a sudden. and filthy

expatinscotland Fri 18-Feb-05 22:27:17

See 'Desperate Housewives'. Ritalin.

charliecat Fri 18-Feb-05 22:27:52

She has a cleaner? and her hubbys a painter and decorator? lol

emkana Fri 18-Feb-05 22:28:50

@expatinscotland: that's what dh said!
@charliecat: no and no! she's just perfect, by the look of it...

snafu Fri 18-Feb-05 22:29:38

Flat-pack, foldaway children?

emmatmg Fri 18-Feb-05 22:31:28

she locks her children in a small cage and sedates tham

stupidgirl Fri 18-Feb-05 22:32:21

Did you not just answer your own question?

She works full time (she and the kids are out of the house) and she's taken her visitors out. Easy.

I hate immaculatly tidy houses, they don't looked lived in. I'd rather have a 'home' (or is it that I'm just jealous because we live in a tip...)

charliecat Fri 18-Feb-05 22:32:49

My house is tatty and cluttery and very lived in and the kids ahave fun gluing and sticking and having fun...I dream of a clean tidy house, but its not going to happen unless I keep the kids in the shed

amynnixmum Fri 18-Feb-05 22:37:33

I'd love to have a clean tidy house but am far too lazy (and busy of course) to keep it that way for long. I'd much rather go visit a friend with a chaotic messy house like mine than an immaculate one - much more relaxing

maisystar Fri 18-Feb-05 22:40:19

my next door neighbour's house is immaculate, nevee a toy out in the sitting room etc. have never seen a pot on the kitchen side, and have never seen the telly without cbeebies on.

Demented Fri 18-Feb-05 22:40:38

I agree with Stupidgirl (good to see you BTW) if everyone is out all day then it must be easier (although not entirely easy) to maintain a clean/tidy house and perhaps she has a cleaner and just isn't letting on?

ScummyMummy Fri 18-Feb-05 22:41:45

She has a relationship based on equality?
She delagates tasks to her kids?
She has a cleaner?
She is extremely organised?
She is anally retentive?
She is ill?
She has a self-cleaning house? (Though my self-cleaning oven doesn't work... I still need to use Mr Muscle.)

Embarrassing cleaning moment of the day:
Man came to check my boiler and asked to borrow the hoover to get dust out of the back. Had to take brush attachment off so he could use the bendy hose bit... whereupon two smelly socks, one pencil and two felt tip pens were revealed, totally blocking the flow of dust to the bag. I'd been wondering why it didn't seem to be working.

stupidgirl Fri 18-Feb-05 22:43:05

My kids have been glueing today. Supposedly on newspaper, but of course it all ended up on the floor (my carpet was ruined long ago). My vacuum cleaner looks like an explosion in a glitter factory. Sure, I would love to have a house that didn't look like a charity shop that has been burgled, but on the other hand I don't want to live in a museum and neither would my kids.

stupidgirl Fri 18-Feb-05 22:46:30

Hiya Demented, thanks where have you been?

Scummymummy, a mama after my own heart. I do that all the time - though not usually with an audience!

amynnixmum Fri 18-Feb-05 23:01:54

PMSL Scrummymummy
Found some very interesting things down the back of the sofa

janeybops Fri 18-Feb-05 23:15:47

When I worked full time my house was much tidier, as no one was in during the day except at weekends. Now I only work 2 days and the place is a tip. The reason? Me and kids are home a lot more and therefore we make a mess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now