Talk

Advanced search

Les Miserables -

(8 Posts)
katch Wed 20-Aug-08 20:18:14

Is it suitable for younger kids? My 13 y/o wants to go, but I also have a 10 y/o and a 7 y/o. Would hate to find it's too strong/ violent etc.

Whizzz Wed 20-Aug-08 20:20:46

oh it's wonderful.....I think they would be OK. There's a gunshot which nearly made me fall off my seat - the music is amazing though

falcon Wed 20-Aug-08 21:14:46

Could you get the concert version on dvd and watch that first to see if you're happy with them seeing it in the theatre?

themes,prostitution,theft,suicide,war,murder,mistreatment of children etc I probably make it sound worse than it is, but some of the lyrics are a little risque though may go over the head of most children.

Twinklemegan Wed 20-Aug-08 21:20:15

I wouldn't have any qualms about the content. The only thing is that your youngest might find it a bit long. But then the time flies by - it's a terrific show. I've seen it about 5 times I think (including the concert version at the Albert Hall).

falcon Wed 20-Aug-08 21:25:00

My post should say there are strong themes including prostitution etc I accidentally deleted that part.blush

nannyL Wed 20-Aug-08 22:42:34

I think it would be ok... but oky just for a 7 year old

that gunshot made me jump too smile

apart from 'master of the house' theres isnt really any bad language in most of the other songs

i LOVE Les Mis. and have been listening to it in the car today

katch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:49:39

Thanks so much for all advice - sorry had to disappear.

I suppose they've come across all of those themes on telly, but I suppose the effects are somehow more keenly felt in a 'live' situation.

Falcon's idea re. watching dvd is a good idea - but am convincing myself it'll be ok.

jalopy Thu 21-Aug-08 09:43:06

It's fantastic but very long. 7 yr old might find it a trial to get through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now