Talk

Advanced search

Selling on e-bay but how to deliver? Advice, please.

(6 Posts)
inglis Wed 16-Feb-05 16:05:50

I want to sell some furniture on e-bay -sizeable items- but am unsure about who to use to get it delivered. I am based in London. Any ideas?

I am new to selling on e-bay. (But have bought often.) So any tips/advice gratefully received.

Kelly1978 Wed 16-Feb-05 16:12:28

Parcelforce or parcels2go. Either will collect from you and deliver to the recipicant on a 24/48hr basis. Parcels2go charge around £10, parcelforce vary according to weight and location, but charge about the same.

You will find it very difficult to post anything that weighs more than 25 kilos or is more than 3 meters, width and length combined. Anything over that is best adverttised for local pickup only. If you are London based you shouldn't have any trouble getting bids on that basis anyway.

HTH!

piffle Wed 16-Feb-05 16:25:13

use collect only, I have done this and had quite a lot of success so you should be ok in London. Or ask them to arrange the courier if they want it delivering.

inglis Thu 17-Feb-05 11:12:41

Thanks piffle and kelly. I wondered whether getting the buyer to collect would put people off bidding - it puts me off. But some of these items are quite big so perhaps there is no other way around this since I don't know a man-with-a-van.

Gwenick Thu 17-Feb-05 11:15:35

If they're very large items then you'll usually find that people don't have a problem coming to collect them. Think of it the other way round - if you saw a fabulous wardrobe (for example) on ebay, at a great price and it was EXACTLY what you were looking for, was close enough for you to pick it up - would you go for it?? I know I would.

inglis Fri 18-Feb-05 09:32:32

I guess so, gwenick. So I'll do Buyer to collect, then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now