Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

placed an order iver the internet but item never turned up

(11 Posts)
kid Wed 16-Feb-05 15:17:43

I placed an order on Saturday for an MP3 player. I paid for next day delivery, it should have arrived yesterday. When I phoned the couriers, they told me to contact the company I had purchased it from as the item had been reported as missing. I have tried to contact them by email but they haven't replied. Tried to phone them but was on hold for 15 mins. What next?!

nailpolish Wed 16-Feb-05 15:18:39

did you pay by credit card? you should be covered by insurance if you did

Twiglett Wed 16-Feb-05 15:19:39

email again with a deadline

phone your credit card company and let them know there is an issue and ask them how you should proceed

kid Wed 16-Feb-05 15:20:33

paid with visa delta debit card.

kid Wed 16-Feb-05 18:36:19

I sent them an email with a deadline. I told them if I didn't here from them by the end of today I would be contacting my bank about the money they had taken and also trading standards. They phoned within 20 minutes and a replacement MP3 player will be with us Friday or Monday and they are refunded the next day delivery charge.

toomanypushchairs Wed 16-Feb-05 18:38:14

what compay did you order from ?

kid Wed 16-Feb-05 18:39:52

microdirect
why?

Frizbe Wed 16-Feb-05 18:51:43

For good customer services sake they should replace your missing item via next day delivery anyway, and then its upto them to retrieve their missing item from the courier company. IMO

toomanypushchairs Wed 16-Feb-05 21:00:47

kid, just wondered. won't order from them!

kid Wed 16-Feb-05 21:31:55

I wouldn't either but they already have the money! They can refund but it will take 5 working days. Funny how they took the moeny on the same day that I placed the order though!

kid Thu 17-Feb-05 10:28:11

The driver just phoned me to ask where I was, he said he was on the road next to mine but couldn't find our number.
I gave directions and waited outside and we now have our MP3 player. No need to wait till Monday after all, I wonder if they will send another one?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now