Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done ballrooming dancing?

(11 Posts)
misty Wed 16-Feb-05 15:00:56

DP and I went to see 'Shall we Dance' with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez on Monday night and we were really inspired by the ballroom/latin dancing that went on

We'd love to learn to dance properly, would also be something we could do together as to be honest we don't do enough of these things. Has anyone learnt, how difficult is it and can you give us any advice re where to learn, what to pay etc.

TIA

Gwenick Wed 16-Feb-05 15:03:32

this link

has a few dance places listed on it, otherwise have a look in your local yellow pages under dance schools, also you could ask in the library.

bundle Wed 16-Feb-05 15:05:02

are you anywhere near n.london?

misty Wed 16-Feb-05 15:17:41

Thanks Gwenick for that link.
Bundle unfortunately no, live near St Neots in Cambridgeshire....

bundle Wed 16-Feb-05 15:21:25

hmmmmmmmm. was going to suggest the factory, hornsey lane where they do tango too (we had a lesson in a bar in argentina, it was wonderful). i'm sure it'd be a hoot wherever you do it. you'll either be with lots of young people spurred on by Strictly come dancing, or watching the shennanigans of the older generation, all trying to get a dance with one of the few men...

misty Wed 16-Feb-05 15:40:50

lol - I do get the impression not many men go - must be quite lucky dp is game for it .

misty Wed 16-Feb-05 19:40:55

bump - just wondering if anyone does this??

lunavix Wed 16-Feb-05 19:45:14

My mum does!

SHe takes lessons, and goes to like a 'dance' thing 3 times a week, does exams and everything! She loves it to bits, but doesn't have a partner so if both of you want to do it that would be fantastic.

KatieMac Wed 16-Feb-05 21:46:12

Yep - love it
Before DD we went up to 7 times a week.
I was the fittest I've ever been & the thinest
My DH is a dance teacher

misty Wed 16-Feb-05 23:05:31

That's one of the reasons we want to start - fitness. Where does he teach Katiemac? What sort of cost are we looking at for lessons?

KatieMac Thu 17-Feb-05 08:34:24

Privat lessons are upto £25 an hour - but you should get classes from £2 each up to about £5/6
We're in Norfolk - so no use to anyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now