Talk

Advanced search

Wedding song First dance any Recomendations

(36 Posts)
Dyzzidi Wed 16-Feb-05 13:51:33

Any advice for an first Dance at my wedding. We are not a sloppy couple so would like something a bit up to date but not too trendy that it sounds strange!

alicatsg Wed 16-Feb-05 13:57:43

I dare you to do your first dance to "Big Cook, Little Cook... Welcome to our cafe..."

ok seriously theres a Shania Twain (bear with me) song from eons ago called something like "still the one" which a friend used and the lyrics are spot on and its not so cheesy you want to die

CountessDracula Wed 16-Feb-05 13:59:02

They aren't compulsary! Why not just not have one?

lilibet Wed 16-Feb-05 14:00:38

There has been a thread on this before here

We get married on Friday and aren't having an evening 'do' so have escaped having to choose a first dance song. Dp's brother had Songbird, which is lovely.

Heathcliffscathy Wed 16-Feb-05 14:10:26

errr...don't! the most excruciating moment of our lives...we can laugh now, but it's taken years

sasa15 Wed 16-Feb-05 14:11:25

Strauss waltzer

KBear Wed 16-Feb-05 14:12:38

yeah, but the mums and dads like the bit when they are asked to join in!!

We had "I'll always love you" by Taylor Dane - not the Whitney song BTW.

And I do still love him so that was a good choice!

northerner Wed 16-Feb-05 14:14:56

I had wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton. Friends of ours had one by Rod Stewart , forgotten what it's called:

You're in my heart, you're in my soul.......

ks Wed 16-Feb-05 14:15:21

Message withdrawn

anchovies Wed 16-Feb-05 14:19:27

We got married last september and had joss stone super duper love as our first dance - bit random but we're so not into typical first dance music! Walked down the aisle to the theme from true from true romance - you're so cool. Everyone loved it (well everyone except the grandmas!)

anchovies Wed 16-Feb-05 14:20:29

My friends had pulp fiction and learnt the dance - was very cool but as my husband dances like a zombie thought we better keep it simple!

CountessDracula Wed 16-Feb-05 14:20:55

Don't do it!!!!

morningpaper Wed 16-Feb-05 14:21:04

Barry White, My First, My Last, My Everything.
Oasis, Wonderwall

Hmm good thing I'm not getting married methinks.

I must admit I never had a first dance - I think I would have DIED of embarassment!!!!

woodpops Wed 16-Feb-05 14:22:22

We had Lou Read Perfect day. The lyrics go it's such a perfect day I'm glad I spent it with you. Soooo appropriate for a wedding day. There's also a dido song that would be fab for a 1st dance can't think of the title though.

knot Wed 16-Feb-05 14:24:53

SIGNED SEALED DEIVERED I'M YOURS BY BLUE/STEVIE WONDER I THINK? A RECENT WEDDING HAD IT WAS FUN

knot Wed 16-Feb-05 14:25:18

sorry wasn't shouting

northerner Wed 16-Feb-05 14:27:04

Woodpops the Dido song is Thankyou, and I agree it's perfect for a first dance.

And I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life .....

Gwenick Wed 16-Feb-05 14:28:37

I can't remember the name of the dance we used (I WAS there honest - just hopeless with song names) but it was a Zimbabwean one that DH liked, and I quite liked it too..

Gwenick Wed 16-Feb-05 14:29:03

felt a complete prat but 'had' to do it as it was expected of us, out there couples ALWAYS do a first dance - no questions.

deegward Wed 16-Feb-05 14:31:00

Our first walz as The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith. As when I first met my dh I was well and truly heart broken and he mended my heart and made me happy again.

For those that don't know the song, it goes

"My heart was broken, you saw it, you claimed it, you touched it, you saved it,
While the chief puts sunshine on Leith, i will be with you"

Selected lines from song, but I still feel goosebumpy and smile everytime I hear it. It did help that my dh was a die heart Hibs fan, and this was an anthem of theirs.

kazza3 Wed 16-Feb-05 14:31:14

Heaven by DJ Sammy

nailpolish Wed 16-Feb-05 14:32:25

angels by robbie

morningpaper Wed 16-Feb-05 14:33:23

Ahh yes Angels is a TOP TUNE!

nailpolish Wed 16-Feb-05 14:34:02

we had 'i love you just the way you are' by billy joel though

nailpolish Wed 16-Feb-05 14:38:55

that bette midler song 'wings' always gets me going

im a sucker for slushy songs

oohh i love threads like this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: