Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you do wife swap?

(17 Posts)
handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:42:47

No I am not thinking about it, it just came up in conversation in the office this morning.

I wouldn't because I couldn't entrust my small children to another woman.....

WideWebWitch Wed 16-Feb-05 13:45:43

God, no! <shudders> I am a reasonable woman with a happy life and lovely children and they'd make me look like a mad and weird old bag. Because that's what passes for entertainment on this programme.

Twiglett Wed 16-Feb-05 13:46:14

no .. I have no wish to be 'famous' I feel sad for people who will do anything for there moment of 'fame' .. and don't get it really .. why would you want to air your foibles on TV .. knowing that it will be edited for maximum entertainment and not to make you look good

why would anyone want to do that?

KateandtheGirls Wed 16-Feb-05 13:46:56

Seems to me that all the families on wife swap are so extreme. I'd be worried if they wanted me!

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:48:00

Well that's just it. I can't work out what motivates people to do it - but they seem to have plenty of volunteers.

tarantula Wed 16-Feb-05 13:48:27

Dotn think Im extreme enough to go on a show like that even if I wanted to which I dont. No way Id invite a tele company to come and make me look like a complete prat.

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:49:44

What about holiday showdown then? - similar views about participating on that?

Must admit I can see more of a point with that programme as you are exposed to experiences that you may have just discounted without even trying them...

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:50:02

Although I'm not thinking of volunteering for that either I must add!

WideWebWitch Wed 16-Feb-05 13:51:04

I think they're mostly a)not that bright b) talked into it by keen researchers c) convinced they won't come out of it looking bad (see a) above) d) naive about why they're wanted and how/why this programme is made

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:51:59

Or maybe it's about having a mundane life and wanting to pep it up a little...

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 16-Feb-05 14:12:43

Absolutely not. I'd get placed with a family which are the complete polar opposite of my own and I would no doubt hate it. Don't think it'd be fair on the kids either, especially not 2 year old DD who would be very confused by it all.

PiccadillyCircus Wed 16-Feb-05 14:13:26

I could not do it.

I would hate it and so would DH.

Heathcliffscathy Wed 16-Feb-05 14:13:58

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwenick Wed 16-Feb-05 14:15:17

well just to buck the trend - I'd do it, but DH definitely wouldn't (not that I've actulaly asked him but I know it's not his type of thing)

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 14:25:36

I have toyed very loosely with the idea of doing that C4 relationships programme where they scrutinise your relationship and experienced counsellors and experts tell you what you are doing wrong having watched hours of video footage of you.

This particular programme isn't sensationalist and doesn't aim to portray participants as morons - have you seen it? I think it would be quite useful to be able to wake up to some of the thing that dh (and me) could be doing better in our marraige. However, I just couldn't allow those kind of intimate details to be available for public consumption... so I won't be doing it any time soon!

emmatmg Wed 16-Feb-05 14:35:29

NO WAY!!!

I think WWW post at 1:51pm is stop on.

fisil Wed 16-Feb-05 14:56:50

do the people sit there and say to the researchers "well I'm very strict and can't bear liberal parenting" and not realise that that is exactly who they are going to be paired with? Same with that holiday programme. Whatever you describe as your holiday hell, you know that's where you'll be going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now