Talk

Advanced search

painting & decorating and 16mth old, need advice?

(3 Posts)
Carameli Wed 16-Feb-05 13:06:28

Hi,

we are getting some rooms in our flat smartened up as we want to sell this year.
But how safe is it with toddlers around. She will be a nursery during the day so thats fine and will sleep in our room while the ceiling in her room is being done. But how long do we need to keep her out of her room for?

I am worried about fumes etc from the paint. Or am I worrying without a good reason.

I don't know a thing about paints etc so if there are any questions I should ask the people coming to give us quotes please tell me.

anchovies Wed 16-Feb-05 13:07:36

As far as I am aware there is no problem with paint now as they dont contain lead anymore?

DaddyCool Wed 16-Feb-05 13:13:19

you'll be ok with water based emulsion (almost all wall and ceiling paints are this) they are completely harmless.

The oil based gloss you put on skirting boards, window sills is very smelly and can actually make you dizzy. i would recommend you keep things well ventilated for awhile but your little person should still be fine. it just kills a few braincells is all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now