Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I can't believe what I just saw at the supermarket!

(16 Posts)
pinkwhistle Wed 16-Feb-05 05:03:08

I was doing my food shopping this morning (no not before 5am! It's 1pm here!) and was going down the "personal products" aisle - you know, toothpaste, deodorant, razors, soap, tampons etc. A man was looking at the men's deodorant section. As I came past, he lifted up his t-shirt and sprayed a generous amount of deodorant under each arm!!!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then he put it back on the shelf, lingered a moment longer and wandered off. He had no trolley or other items and I think he left the shop soon after!

I mean, I thought pinching a grape or two was bad enough. But this...ew. I will be taking my deodorants from the back of the shelf from now on!

(At least it wasn't a roll-on! )

Chandra Wed 16-Feb-05 05:05:40

Just when I wsa thinking there was nothing new under the Sun, somebody surprises me with his originality . Yuk!

Chandra Wed 16-Feb-05 05:05:41

Just when I wsa thinking there was nothing new under the Sun, somebody surprises me with his originality . Yuk!

WigWamBam Wed 16-Feb-05 11:24:26

Some people have no shame!

Miaou Wed 16-Feb-05 11:26:37

Was his wife further down the aisle doing her makeup?

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Wed 16-Feb-05 11:31:56

I must admit I often spray things to see whether I like the smell or not

Have to add that I don't spray anything under my arms though

littlemissbossy Wed 16-Feb-05 11:32:52

almost as bad as eating grapes without paying for them

woodpops Wed 16-Feb-05 11:32:54

We used to have girls putting full make up on from testers when I was a little saturday lass. It used to really wind me up

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Wed 16-Feb-05 11:34:19

Yeah but what if I don't like the smell

Have to admit though even if I do like the smell I never buy the one I've sprayed as it isn't a full can I am terrible

snafu Wed 16-Feb-05 11:35:22

What, you mean none of you have ever popped into Boots to 'refresh' your lipstick? {grin]

KeepingMum Wed 16-Feb-05 11:36:38

Maybe he had an important and stressful meeting (i.e. sweat inducing) that day and had forgotten to put some on in the morning. I would have been tempted I think. He didn't open a toothbrush and try some toothpaste next did he?

Caligula Wed 16-Feb-05 12:10:55

God, his girlfriend/ wife is a lucky woman, isn't she?!

pinkwhistle Thu 17-Feb-05 02:55:52

Um no he definitely wasn't dressed for an important meeting, KeepingMum! But he smelled better than he looked afterwards at least.

littlemissbossy, I don't take grapes without paying for them myself (yuk, like to wash my fruit well first) but it's the only other thing I've seen that comes close...apart from actually shoplifting a whole item I guess.

lol, miaow about the makeup!

eidsvold Thu 17-Feb-05 03:53:22

oh I thought you had seen me shopping with screaming baby and tantruming 2yo ..... {grin]

eidsvold Thu 17-Feb-05 03:53:51

that should have been

bobbybob Thu 17-Feb-05 07:28:49

I wouldn't think anyone will be eating grapes without paying now if they've read the slug thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now