Talk

Advanced search

Typo of the year???

(12 Posts)
sparklymieow Tue 15-Feb-05 22:03:47

Recieved a report letter today for DS' consultant and they had copied a letter to me that was sent to a surgeon at Stanmore hospital, in it the consulant asked them to review DS for surgery, she had put his basic medical history etc, and put "* is managed with regular physiotherapy and wears spleens on both lower limbs!!!!" SPLEENS!! I was pmsl at the though of DS with spleens on his legs. Do kids have three spleens?? Of course they meant "splints"

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:08:40

bamboo Tue 15-Feb-05 22:18:26

LOL.
The Guardian used to do this magazine called The Editor and at the back was a page where readers would send in their typos from regional newspapers etc. My favourites were the parish magazine that ran an article on "Jesus - God's Con" and the advert for an animal feed supplier who had the slogan "We feed hamsters to horses".

sparklymieow Tue 15-Feb-05 22:37:30

Anyone else got any funny ones??

berolina Tue 15-Feb-05 22:42:09

While writing a report for work once, I managed to type Lufthansa as Lusthansa...

pixiefish Tue 15-Feb-05 22:45:51

micro organisms became... yup you've guessed it(when doing a presentation for the pr account of a company- many moons ago)

ks Tue 15-Feb-05 22:51:02

Message withdrawn

misdee Wed 16-Feb-05 23:05:55

what do spleens look like?

Tanzie Wed 16-Feb-05 23:27:53

KS - I always used to sing "We will make you vicious old men" instead of "fishers of men" in infant shcool.

Also "I am the lord of the dance settee."

Next question is, why am I singing things like this as I am Jewish?!

rickman Wed 16-Feb-05 23:28:37

Message withdrawn

Gwenick Wed 16-Feb-05 23:38:41

I used to work at a school of 1800 boys aged 11-18, 3 times a week they had an assembly with all boys present and a hymn would be sung.

In "lead us heavenly father lead us" the an 1800 strong 'choir' of boys would ALWAYS sing "o-oer the worlds temmptacious sea" instead of "tempestuous" sea - the guy that used to take them for 'hymn practice' once in a while was always bellowing at them "YOUR ARE NOT TEMPTED TO CROSS LIFES SEA"

SecondhandRose Thu 17-Feb-05 08:32:23

Last night on the news they were showing ballroom dancers at the opening night of Richard Gere's new film. The reporter then said "look, they're jitterbuggering now". She was a tad embarrassed when she realised what she said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now