Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I AM SOOOOOO STUUUPIDDD!!!!!

(21 Posts)
bonniej Tue 15-Feb-05 17:02:15

Had my driving test today. Really geared up for it. Got the hardest test route and the strictest examiner but drove fantastically well. I've never driven better and as we were approaching the test centre at the end of the test I knew that I'd passed.....until I drove into the exit gate!!! I can't believe it. I only got three minor faults throughout the test and then blew it by driving in the wrong gate. I feel so stupid and angry with myself and can't get it out of my head. I've booked another test for a couple of weeks time but it should have been all over and done with today. I feel very very and with myself. someone slap me please!

poppyknot Tue 15-Feb-05 17:10:31

Not a slap but a hug (((((()))))) and good luck for the next one.

I could have done the same.

A month ago I managed to pass what i thought were parked cars up to a temporary traffic light. when I got there I realised that they were actually waiting patiently for the light to change. So ashamed i had to take another route to escape.

Stargazer Tue 15-Feb-05 17:10:36

No not slap you - it's just the sort of silly thing that I'd do. I'm sorry you mucked it up - but you managed the hard bit - doing the driving - next time just make sure you go in via the entrance

Go have a large glass of wine - and don't beat yourself up - you won't do it again. And just think - you can dine out on this for ages to come.

bonniej Tue 15-Feb-05 17:14:13

thanks for making me feel better. I'd love a glass of wine but am pg so not allowed! I also told too many people my test was today so am in the process of explaining that I've failed. I'm not telling anyone when the next one is

galaxy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:16:13

If it's any consolation, 20 years ago when I took my `1st test, I drove fantastically and was really pleased. About 5 minutes before I ended the test, I realised I'd not go my seat belt on and stupidly pulled into a bus stop to put it on.

DURRRRRR

I put in for a cancellation and passed 2 weeks after the 1st.

I was most annoyed about the money I'd wasted!!

bonniej Tue 15-Feb-05 17:19:24

galaxy that sounds very similar. It is the money as well, now I'm going to have another couple of lessons to keep everything fresh and the test and it comes to another £100..all for driving in the wrong gate I certainly won't be making that mistake again

galaxy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:21:35

Lessons were £17.50 when I learnt but I expect they are double that now.

bonniej Tue 15-Feb-05 17:24:00

I only pay £20 an hour which isn't bad, and my instructor is really good. It soon mounts up though!

galaxy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:47:52

Maybe I've got that wrong then. It could have been the test that was £17.50. Come to think of it, they were about £9.50. Well, it was the 1980's !

bonniej Tue 15-Feb-05 17:58:28

thought that was a bit pricey for then I thought I was getting a real bargain at £20

Prufrock Wed 16-Feb-05 08:35:52

Oh bonnie I Know exactly how you feel. I failed mine today as well. And I was so angry with myself.
Right at the start I apparently cut a van up on a roundabout. I still think I was right to go - It was his right of way, but I was taking a very close left exit, and he was only just coming onto the far side of the roundabout. The examiner however disagreed and gave me a serious fault. At the end he said he was dissapointed to have to fail me as the rest of the drive he'd been very comfortable with my competence (only 8 minors, and 3 of those were for clutch control in the couple of minutes after my error when I was panicking)

Oh well - got to try to get a cancellation now, retake asap and not make a stupid mistake this time.

bonniej Wed 16-Feb-05 13:32:11

so sorry to hear I'm not the only one feeling like this Pufrock. at least in my case I know it was my own stupid fault whereas in yours it sounds like it was a debatable point. I've managed to get another test through for 4th march which isn't too far away. You have to wait ten days after failing anyway. It's not only having to do the whole thing again, but it's the expense. I'm fitting in another couple of lessons and the test isn't exactly cheap. Oh well, good luck for your next one. We know we can do it, so let's show them

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 13:35:10

Oh bless you.

You were so nearly there - but take heart, it shows that you are totally capable of passing the test next time since you were within a hair breadth's of it this time.

bonniej Wed 16-Feb-05 13:42:14

thanks hmc, but that's the thing now I'm scared I won't drive as well next time and fail on something else. Oh well, I'll just have to do my best as I can't afford to keep paying out for tests.

MINNIE1 Wed 16-Feb-05 13:54:49

o lots of ((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you.. It could happen to anyone.. My DP nearly knocked someone down when he was doing his test!!!

handlemecarefully Wed 16-Feb-05 14:27:21

Yes, and I went through a red light and driving examiner had to apply the dual control brakes!

wanda Wed 16-Feb-05 15:02:19

Could be worse Bonnieij at first I thought you had actually driven INTO the gate. Could ahve been even more costly!!! Best of luck next time. I was a totally Sh-te diver when I bizarrely passed my test. You'll be fine next time.

bluebear Wed 16-Feb-05 15:04:50

hmc - I went through a red light too, on one of my driving tests.

FineFigureFio Wed 16-Feb-05 15:13:00

bonniej, dont worry. Alot of people who have passed their test do the same thing, its just one of those things. infact our street is a one way street and no end of people drive down it the wrong way. Last week a builder stopped and asked me directions to a street, i said politely i have no idea but you are driving up the wrong way and he told me to piss off

bonniej Wed 16-Feb-05 18:22:13

fff

nikcola Wed 16-Feb-05 18:23:18

i drove on the wrong side of the road on the way to my test you wil pass next time dont worry xxxxxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now