harman Sun 17-Aug-08 18:04:44

Message withdrawn

We're cohabiting and we drink LOADS.

Just for your information, y'know.

harman Sun 17-Aug-08 18:07:04

Message withdrawn

anorak Sun 17-Aug-08 18:08:08

Hello harman!

Ooh, dunno. I certainly drank more when I was single because I used to go to the pub a lot to meet new people. Also there was a lot of pressure on me to provide for the children and being self-employed I was very stressed.

But don't some people drink more once they get together with someone - you know, the having wine with dinner thing and opening a bottle because you're sharing a drink together?

fryalot Sun 17-Aug-08 18:08:17

I think it depends on the circumstances.

eg: married folk don't have to go to the pub in the hope of meeting a bloke, single peeps may want to do this.

Married folk don't have to work up courage in order to snog/shag someone (presumably wink) whereas a singleton might.

Also, single folk don't have an other half tutting at them every time they open a bottle of wine...

harman Sun 17-Aug-08 18:11:21

Message withdrawn

fryalot Sun 17-Aug-08 18:14:34

aah, in that case, you just know a load of dipsos wink

mustrunmore Sun 17-Aug-08 18:16:00

Well, I drink more when I'm out with friends than if I'm with dh. Not sure what that says! And he drinks more than me all the time.

harman Sun 17-Aug-08 18:16:19

Message withdrawn

charliecat Sun 17-Aug-08 18:19:05

I think you are right...
however there are always exceptions.

Lauriefairycake Sun 17-Aug-08 18:19:51

not amongst my single parent friends (just in case something goes wrong and they have to get the child to hospital)

Whereas I get to drink a glass most nights cos dh doesn't drink wink

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 18:21:56

I'm a single mum and I hardly drink at all. One glass with a meal when I'm out, once a month if that. Feeling ill and looing after a child isn't nice for anone, especially if you are alone.

fryalot Sun 17-Aug-08 18:33:48

harman - not much I don't think. I think that dipsomaniac is like a subset of alcoholic...

harman Sun 17-Aug-08 18:34:22

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Sun 17-Aug-08 18:35:37

married and barely drink

but didn't drink shedloads when single either and DH can't really drink due to meds

I can only take about 2 glasses of wine before squiffiness

MegSophandEmma Sun 17-Aug-08 18:36:27

I'm a single parent and hardly drink at all since getting divorced. Last drink was Christmas. Don't have childcare now or have the money.

jellyjelly Wed 20-Aug-08 13:47:40

am a single parent and i hardly drink now.

I might have a few drinks on a big night out with the girls but if i go out with my girlfriend i dont even drink. Its alot more fun i have found.

Am glad she doesnt really drink where as my ex husband drunk bloody loads and still does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now