Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bed times for children sleeping over.

(5 Posts)
OrmIrian Thu 14-Aug-08 22:02:54

Have managed to shed one child tonight! Hurray!

But also gained one in return hmm. DD has the daughter of a friend of mine staying. She is 2yrs older than DD. DD is 9 and needs to be in bed before 9pm or she turns into a pumpkin. Friend seemed to think she could stay up and talk to me <squeals in terror and hides behind laptop>. I encouraged (well begged, pleaded and wheedled) her to go to bed and they are both tucked up listening to one of DD's Famous Five CDs. 11yr olds face is a picture grin.

How would you have handled this?

chelsygirl Thu 14-Aug-08 22:03:35

same as you!

ravenAK Thu 14-Aug-08 22:07:10

grin Would also have squealed & hidden behind pc!

I occasionally have a friend's dd stay overnight - she's a couple of years older than ds1 & her parents are fine at home about her staying up very late.

Deal is that my lot go to bed, friend's dd gets to watch a DVD quietly for an hour then is packed off to bed (spare room so not disturbing anyone) with permission to read.

OrmIrian Thu 14-Aug-08 22:07:14

Good.

There's no noise now. I suspect DD will be out like a light and friend will be wondering wtf made her agree to stay.

chelsygirl Thu 14-Aug-08 22:20:03

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now