Talk

Advanced search

Severn Valley Railway...

(6 Posts)
bea Thu 14-Aug-08 21:32:34

having a bloody mare... angry i posted the untitled thread below and now am all flustered as i all i want is a bit of advice... and all i'm doing is messing up the board and possibley getting people confused!so just to post my original query!

planning to go chuffing up and down the train track tommorrow... planning to go from kidderminister upto bridgenorth... wander around the town... buy a lovely picnic... get back onto train... get off train for picnic and then end up back inkidderminister...

for those in the know does this sound sensible? can you recommend where to get a nice picnic (any yummy deli's etc?) and where should we stop to have our picnic... will have a 1, 4 and 7 year old in tow!

thanks all! grin

(bet no-one replies now after all that palaver!) angry

ImForeverBlowingBuble Thu 14-Aug-08 21:34:13

Sod the picnic there is a fish and chip shop oposite the train station in kidderminstergrin
Shame im working ,you could have stopped off here.

Bowddee Thu 14-Aug-08 21:38:54

Bewdley is a nice stop, but may be a bit too close to Kidderminster to stop for your picnic.
There's an Engine House at Highley which I've never clapped eyes on, but that could be a good place to stop for the kids (it's heavily plugged for the Thomas Days Out).
Most of the little stops look quite nice for picnics but there's not a lot going on there.

georgimama Thu 14-Aug-08 21:45:01

stop at highley, go to the engine house and have a picnic there, lovely spot. Or go up to Bridgnorth, back again, and stop at Bewdley and have fish adn chips by the river. Yum yum!

ImForeverBlowingBuble Thu 14-Aug-08 21:46:36

Yes i agree Bewdley is a good place to stop
There is a park along the riverside too

bea Fri 15-Aug-08 18:24:31

thank you all.. a good day was had by all but not sure about the passengers on the train going back from bridgenorth to kidderminister as dd1 and ds1 were at their noisiest best!!!!

we finally decided just to go to bridgnorth and have lunch there... a very nice place called the cinnamon cafe... sat with a lovely view and to make it even better dd2 was fast asleep in her buggy for the majority of lunch... ahh! lucnh is peace (sort of!)

did pop into the deli to get some lovely bread and dh and kiddies went into the sweetie shop and got all sorts of icky sticky stuff!

Thank you for all the advice.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now