Talk

Advanced search

horse riding embarrasment

(9 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 14-Aug-08 20:05:36

My husband and I decided today that it would be nice to try horse riding. I have been when I was a little girl but my husband never has. I heard that some stables do evening rides which I thought would be nice.
Anyway I phoned up this stable and my husband, brother,nan, and cousen were in the room and she asked me for mine and my husbands heights and weights. blush blush I had to say I'm not sure, do you have scales there? she said yes but still wanted an estimation. It was so embarassing, I went to the bathroom and weighed myself then told her.
Why do they need to know in advance? I think it would be easier if they just weighed you at the stable. It would avoid people fibbing too. grin

LilRedWG Thu 14-Aug-08 20:06:47

It allows them to decide who has which horse and to get the horses ready for the lesson.

MatNanPlus Thu 14-Aug-08 20:07:16

They may well check but most people make themselves lighter so the stables knowing this can have the better suited horses readier than the other ones IYSWIM

Califrau Thu 14-Aug-08 20:08:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummyloveslucy Thu 14-Aug-08 20:11:51

I see smile
My husbands horse I think was a shire horse. When he saw it he said "look at the size of that beast" and the lady said "I think you'll find that's your beast". grin

mummyloveslucy Thu 14-Aug-08 20:15:24

Califrau- grin I just thought that they have all the horses ready and they chose your horse when you get there.
I think my husband got the cart horse. grin I got a gorgeous looking white one.

MatNanPlus Thu 14-Aug-08 20:16:29

Did you have fun MLL?

mummyloveslucy Thu 14-Aug-08 20:24:03

yes it was lovely, but we were both pretty rubbish. My horse was so laid back it just folowed the others which was good, as I wasn't very good at steering it.
It's made me want a horse of my own. I'd love to have lessons. smile

mummyloveslucy Thu 14-Aug-08 20:37:44

My husband said it was the strangest thing he'd ever experienced but it was fun. I think he'd do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now