Talk

Advanced search

advice needed about video games

(3 Posts)
mumtojames Wed 13-Aug-08 22:09:27

Hi, thinking of getting my ds a video game for 5th birthday. but i know nothing about it! thinking of playstation or xbox - whats the difference, would we be okay with a PS2? or do we need to get PS3, what about the xbox 360 any explanation helpful thanks

RealityGap Wed 13-Aug-08 22:18:53

I would suggest the Wii as Nintendo tend to cater better for kids with games. DH (games programmer) says he wouldn't get a xBox 360 for a child as the games are on the whole not terribly suitable. The PS2 might not be a bad option and there are a good few kids games on it - and it might be cheaper than the Wii if that is a concideration.

Our 5 year old loves the Wii and the DS which would be another good suggestion

mumtojames Thu 14-Aug-08 18:10:40

thanks for that info, really out of depth here!!! thinking of wii for xmas for all of us!!i thought i would see how he gets on ps/xbox. so i'll avoid xbox look more at ps2. thought about ds but worried about him dropping it and it breaking almost straight away!! also thought with ps2 if i get extra control brother could play too (6yrs). hes had a leapster and really likes it can you get educational games for ps2 too?
thanks again
emma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now